Any Interest In A Rear Hub Slider?

SEBSPEED

Definitely interested m8, price & postage may be an issue though.

I'm not a huge fan of frame sliders as I believe they can increase the amount of damage on all but virtually stationary crashes. So what's the benefit of rear hub & forksliders - do those parts get scratched/deformed if the bike goes down?

I was looking to buy the Thurn Motorsports rear wheel insert, but that has no protection role, just aesthetic but happy to support a fellow VFRD'r, just need to understand why we need sliders in those positions.

Thanks.

These parts will fit in a pretty small box, so postage shouldn't be too bad.

A slider on the hub side serves to protect the expensive and sometimes difficult to replace hub nut, axle end, and cush drive casing. I have seen these damaged in crashes.

The fork sliders will save damage to the wheel edges, fork ends, and brake calipers. All are parts which could add up to be the deciding factor between an easy fix or a total loss as judged by an insurance provider.

Would be in as well Seb.

Would they just unbolt to remove - use pitbull for transport.

Yes, remove 1 M6 bolt (5mm Allen key, same as bodywork) to remove entire assembly for transport, wheel removal, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...