Official 12Th Annual Texasmac Event Thread 2015

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are running T30's and figure better safe than sorry. If this extravaganza is anything like the AR get togethers...someone will need tires before the week is out!

They'll be 20+ sets changed before Tmac even starts and many more during!

• Member Contributer

I hear the only places with worse roads than AR are TN and NC. And this may be the year we get 007 to lead a ride though I suspect we may not keep up.

My immaturity level is less advanced than most in our group. You may be bored for a while with short bursts of "where did he go?" I am leaning towards bringing the school bus sized K bike again this year for touring comfort. It keeps me at a certain level of responsibility.

I'm used to seeing his rear tire so nothing new there.

-PRB

Ben passed me and some sort of 20 year old compact on 88 while I was reviewing my map. Dave would have probably passed all of us.

We are running T30's and figure better safe than sorry. If this extravaganza is anything like the AR get togethers...someone will need tires before the week is out!

They'll be 20+ sets changed before Tmac even starts and many more during!

T30s are great for NC roads, especially the rear. I find less use for the front unless there is more touring to be expected. That said, I may have one on the front of my bike, although I am leaning towards Q3s as usual.

• Member Contributer

S20 EVO front with T30 rear has been as good as I have used on the 500. Still running Q3s on the NC but when the stock is depleted I will do a back-to-back comparo to see which one is the best.

S20 EVO is designed for high HP, liter class bikes so I can't get an EVO rear for the CB but the front fits and wears like iron, sticks like glue....

• Member Contributer

Robbin know hot! A suggestion for any northerners who are not used to 90+F temps. Last year it was 92F one day. I had not experienced anything over 70 yet that year and I suffered. CornerCarver wore a bandana around his neck so I imitated him. Soaked in water regularly, it made a huge difference. So bring your air conditioners!

I just thought CC was um never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather forecast is looking hot and wet.

Franklin weather has been the same as mine for the last ten days. When I saw rain, it was very heavy and very local. Hope we can ride around it next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Looks like I will be there all this weekend and next. Long range weather forecasts are very inaccurate in this area so not to get too worked up.

• Member Contributer

S20 EVO front with T30 rear has been as good as I have used on the 500. Still running Q3s on the NC but when the stock is depleted I will do a back-to-back comparo to see which one is the best.

S20 EVO is designed for high HP, liter class bikes so I can't get an EVO rear for the CB but the front fits and wears like iron, sticks like glue....

Better than Q3s? No way! Does the S20 EVO triangulate near end of life?

• Member Contributer

Better than Q3s? No way! Does the S20 EVO triangulate near end of life?

Not tried the Q3s on the CB yet, I just use em on the NC. I am impressed how much better the S20 EVO wears and feels compared to the older S20 though. Bridgestone did good. All tire triangulate but the good ones feel good when they do.

Is every thread a tire thread? Sorry BR

• Member Contributer

What oil will you all be running during TMAC?? :unsure:

With the expected temperatures and humidity, I suggest 05-35W with a dash of extra virgin olive oil...

• Member Contributer

TMACK is fun even when it rains.

Are we racing the to carts this year?

• Member Contributer

What oil will you all be running during TMAC?? :unsure:

With the expected temperatures and humidity, I suggest 05-35W with a dash of extra virgin olive oil...

Whatever Timmy uses in his blender :beer:

• Member Contributer

+1

Wet is good!!!

82f7a3ec.jpg

Yes we are!

Warwomen is hooking us up and saving my butt as I haven't done shitz this year.

• Member Contributer

Hooking up with Warwoman is always a thumbs up!!!!

4410564b.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yes we are!

BR, you better be working on the t-shirts and the name tags! :-)

Yes we are!

Yes we're racing go-karts! $3.50 a person, I'll get us an hour at the end of Saturday. I'm thinking we should do the go-kart race for one of the door prizes...

• Member Contributer

I'm hoping there's no parking lot tire changing to preclude participation this year!!

Yes we are!

Yes we are!

Yes we're racing go-karts! $3.50 a person, I'll get us an hour at the end of Saturday. I'm thinking we should do the go-kart race for one of the door prizes...

Tee's are at the Microtel now, badges coming soon..

• Member Contributer

Yes we are!

Yes we are!

Boy, those go cart people must have a short memory. After I failed to take advantage of the brake pedal an all.

Andrea - the war woman ride on Thirsday. Rain or shine :)

Archived