Official 12Th Annual Texasmac Event Thread 2015

Registered! Motel booked, new reg/rec & stator ordered, mouse nest in V to eliminate so I can patch up the wires, new tires to mount, brake pads to install and pick up a new trailer. I guess I'd better get busy!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have 43 signed up so far, that's 30+ down from last year. If you plan to come please sign up very soon so I can get the T-shirts ordered. If anyone is not signed up by May 8th I can Not guarantee you will get a T-shirt your size if you get one at all.

Thanks and see you soon.

BR

1028934.jpg

:goofy: (I love that movie)

That is the correct attitude!!!! :491:

I only have 43 signed up so far, that's 30+ down from last year. If you plan to come please sign up very soon so I can get the T-shirts ordered. If anyone is not signed up by May 8th I can Not guarantee you will get a T-shirt your size if you get one at all.

Thanks and see you soon.

BR

:goofy: (I love that movie)

That is the correct attitude!!!! :491:

Is this one better? :cool:

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-01%20at%209.22.2

...and just reserved a room. 3 things about that:

1 Cynthia is a peach.

2 The rooms are still blocked for VFRD, so don't forget to mention you are with us.

3 They do not accept "my word as a gentleman" as a way to hold the room.

• Member Contributer

58, just signed up.

Better late than not at all.

Still looking for anyone riding down from Ontario, NY, PENN.

I'll be crossing the border at Buffalo on the 25th or 26th.

• Member Contributer

Just hit 60!!!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Woo-Hoo!!!

what's the record?

Just hit 60!!!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Woo-Hoo!!!

what's the record?

The 10th annual event had 80 official registered folks which is the largest number signed up, but I think another dozen or so unofficial folks joined us that year which was 2013.

• Member Contributer

It's kind of a big deal!

I know... I can't wait!!!

I've been trying to go for 5 years and life and work kept conspiring against me...

Last year I informed the boss I'm going, no excuses...

By the way I see we only have four novice riders signed up this year and a bunch of new people in the advance groups. Please check your egos and go to the appropriate group until you figure out what your pace is compared to the others. Our intermediate guys are pretty darn quick.

• Member Contributer

On March 15 this year my 4 bikes all had new rubber front and rear. I have replaced 4 of those tires already and one more was toasted yesterday. I checked my 1,200 mile-old rear on the ST yesterday morning and figured I could nurse it for another 1,200 miles or so but 250 miles later there is zilch tread on the right side and just a tiny rmainder on the left.

And someone asked me this weekend why I did the darkside test on the ST. Seriously?

So if you are inclined to group up with the intermediates be sure you have new or nearly new rubber, otherwise plan on pacing yourself accordingly. I plan to adjust my riding by doing slower paced rides this year with only occasional bursts for giggles. I was doing this last year with great success and I need to go back to it.

KEB

By the way I see we only have four novice riders signed up this year and a bunch of new people in the advance groups. Please check your egos and go to the appropriate group until you figure out what your pace is compared to the others. Our intermediate guys are pretty darn quick.

If my fiance can make it she'll be in the novice group... it may be a last minute sign up as her work schedule is pretty busy. So I may end up riding with her in novice at least the first day until she makes friends :goofy:

I plan to adjust my riding by doing slower paced rides this year with only occasional bursts for giggles. I was doing this last year with great success and I need to go back to it.

KEB

And I still couldn't keep up ! :wacko:

• Member Contributer

I plan to adjust my riding by doing slower paced rides this year with only occasional bursts for giggles. I was doing this last year with great success and I need to go back to it.

KEB

Yet somehow your bike is always in view. The Girl and I found some fabulous roads that are near the natural disaster we visited last year so I will test the waters for peeps looking to do a 300 mile day.

You bringing both bikes?

• Member Contributer

KEB

Yet somehow your bike is always in view. The Girl and I found some fabulous roads that are near the natural disaster we visited last year so I will test the waters for peeps looking to do a 300 mile day.

You bringing both bikes?

If your standards are low I might be down for that ride.

KEB

You bringing both bikes?

If your standards are low I might be down for that ride.

How do you think I got in Keith!!! :goofy:

I might ride one and tow the other! :wink:

Archived