Official 12Th Annual Texasmac Event Thread 2015

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hurry up and fix them brakes! Haha!

Yeah, brakes are important. Slightly.

The retainer in my right front caliper disappeared. As such the last 7000 miles the pad has been free roaming inside the caliper grooving the metal, now even with a new retainer the pad doesn't stay put and it grinds on the disc, effectively ending the calipers life. Honda wanted 500$ for a new OEM, so needless to say I turned to VFRD and came up with a pair of slightly used calipers for a fair price. Hopefully she will be done by the first of next week and RazorWing may have a shiny red 5th gen to ride to Tmac!

-PRB

• Member Contributer

40+ and holding, we usually have 20 + sign-ups in the last few weeks which makes it a Real PIA trying to have the right number and size of T-shirts needed. :wacko:

You can likely count me in, still trying to figure logistics out. I may also not be on a CB anymore for TMac, lets see how next weekend or so goes...

Anyone thaught of camping? There are lots of great camp areas around.

You can, but nearly half the draw of TMac is the group and the bench racing after. Don't know if you enjoy an adult beverage or two, but it kinda sux to hang for a bit after the ride, then have to go "home" for the evening.

Well, good point. I guess I should stop being cheap :P. I only enjoy beverages while I'm breathing :).

This is some of the most inexpensive fun one can have, provided there are no deer involved. Right, Terry?

Brakes just slow ya down!

For sissies!

The retainer in my right front caliper disappeared. As such the last 7000 miles the pad has been free roaming inside the caliper grooving the metal, now even with a new retainer the pad doesn't stay put and it grinds on the disc, effectively ending the calipers life. Honda wanted 500$ for a new OEM, so needless to say I turned to VFRD and came up with a pair of slightly used calipers for a fair price. Hopefully she will be done by the first of next week and RazorWing may have a shiny red 5th gen to ride to Tmac!

-PRB

Imagine how much easier it would be to ride it without the brakes engaged all the time!

Corner Carver kept saying that last night. LOL - and he made sure that you were getting the credit for it!

• Member Contributer

40+ and holding, we usually have 20 + sign-ups in the last few weeks which makes it a Real PIA trying to have the right number and size of T-shirts needed. :wacko:

You can likely count me in, still trying to figure logistics out. I may also not be on a CB anymore for TMac, lets see how next weekend or so goes...

Anyone thaught of camping? There are lots of great camp areas around.

You can, but nearly half the draw of TMac is the group and the bench racing after. Don't know if you enjoy an adult beverage or two, but it kinda sux to hang for a bit after the ride, then have to go "home" for the evening.

Well, good point. I guess I should stop being cheap :P. I only enjoy beverages while I'm breathing :).

This is some of the most inexpensive fun one can have, provided there are no deer involved. Right, Terry?

Righ Toh 007. Deer are definitely a hazzard to one's fun. Esp. when on the way to the most fun one can have with one's clothes on (and perhaps off), for a whole week. My eyes will be Wide Open this time down. I'm looking forward to overflowing my fun quota With Wild Anticipation. :wheel: :3:

MaxSwell DeerSlayer

• Member Contributer

[quote name="KevCarver" post="995129" timestamp="1430164664"

Hey, that's my line.

I think I'll bring the sideways Viffer this year.

Beer wagon jr.

I thought so, and credited it to you initially but second guessed myself...Sorry! :beer:

[quote name="KevCarver" post="995129" timestamp="1430164664"

Hey, that's my line.

I think I'll bring the sideways Viffer this year.

Beer wagon jr.

I thought so, and credited it to you initially but second guessed myself...Sorry! :beer:

No worries! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

OK.I have been to busy to log on here for the past several months...I just reserved my room.

Going to sign up on Eventbrite when I return to the GTA to the GA on Friday and both younger Carvers have already procured time off from the place they go to exchange hours of their lives for VFR tires and parts.

Trying to figure out the truck/trailer or just ride up issues and need to replace the stator, reg/rec and battery on the VFR and the ST is just about perfect....

Can hardly wait to catch up with the gang again this year.

• Member Contributer

Trying to figure out the truck/trailer or just ride up issues and need to replace the stator, reg/rec and battery on the VFR and the ST is just about perfect....

Don't forget I will have a fairly large item for you that is beyond ST carrying capacity.

Don't forget I will have a fairly large item for you that is beyond ST carrying capacity.

What-what?

Trailer037.jpg

• Member Contributer

If Partzilla gets these parts shipped, I'll be heading up there come May.

2 weeks before TMAC. Only way the schedule worked. Y'all have fun.

• Member Contributer

If Partzilla gets these parts shipped, I'll be heading up there come May.

2 weeks before TMAC. Only way the schedule worked. Y'all have fun.

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you could identify all the LEO speed traps hazzards for us follow-ons. Not that they'd have any cause to bother us. Right Timmy?

• Member Contributer

I'm not keeping the keg in my room this year without a tap! That was torture to stand there and only be able to look at an ice cold keg of beer!

• Member Contributer

I'm not keeping the keg in my room this year without a tap! That was torture to stand there and only be able to look at an ice cold keg of beer!

Hey, I woke up to somebody pushing in the luggage cart loaded with two kegs, and they parked it right next to my bed! :-)

Since I'm splitting a room with Aaron it's best not to leave the keg in there at all. Between the two of us we could polish that baby off.

And then what would everyone else drink!?

-PRB

I only have 43 signed up so far, that's 30+ down from last year. If you plan to come please sign up very soon so I can get the T-shirts ordered. If anyone is not signed up by May 8th I can Not guarantee you will get a T-shirt your size if you get one at all.

Thanks and see you soon.

BR

I only have 43 signed up so far, that's 30+ down from last year. If you plan to come please sign up very soon so I can get the T-shirts ordered. If anyone is not signed up by May 8th I can Not guarantee you will get a T-shirt your size if you get one at all.

Thanks and see you soon.

BR

I haven't been drinking much beer this year. I think maybe I should get in shape because it looks like there will be a lot to drink. :goofy:

Thanks and see you soon.

BR

1028934.jpg

:goofy: (I love that movie)

Archived