Official 12Th Annual Texasmac Event Thread 2015

• Member Contributer

If you get bored, don't forget about the ST1300! V4, comfy for passenger, tons of luggage space. :beer:

And don't forget 740 pounds of bike between your legs.... :blink:

Gone as soon as you move. Takes far more effort to take it off the side stand than to go peg to peg in the twisties! Good luck keeping up with KEBrider on his. As soon as BaileyRock gets accustomed to his, try to keep him in sight. Me, I'm slow on anything I ride. So it's definitely not the ST!

I hear Kebrider and Baileyrock are taking it easy these days. Less hooligan behavior. :wheel:

I'm registered finally.... Now onto maintenance so I don't bring a death trap to TMAC, only Timmy is allowed to do that.....

This is going to get interesting if the guys above are taking it easy on touring bikes, Matt has forks with oil in them, and Dave is, well, Dave. I will ride sweep so I can take it all in.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum CEO

Warwoman is having a bit of trouble ordering beer, the brewery in ashville wont return her calls. So she found this place up the road 22 miles away that has pretty decent prices. I think we had 2 full sized half barrel kegs last few years? It was 2 right? So she is probably going to go with these guys if Ashville doesnt call her back

http://www.yourgnometownbrewery.com/beers.htm

I think it was three last year. 22 miles does sound better though. I'll be happy to help with the pickup again if needed.

• Member Contributer

I work with some of the brewery's in Asheville PM me and let me know who and I can help, if not with th.

if not with that one i can help with another if needed.

• Member Contributer

I work with some of the brewery's in Asheville PM me and let me know who and I can help, if not with th.

Thanks Gig! I sent you a PM.

• Member Contributer

Ok - officially signed me and the wife up.

Now got to get the rust off. Was out for one short ride last week and going out tomorrow. Not the smokies but helps to remember where the controls are and what they do.

Just registered. It will be my first long, interstate trip, but I have confidence it will be well worth the ride out there.

Also may be the youngest at 22 but I love my VFR and would love to meet all of y'all. I will be reserving a room if anyone wants to split it with me, I'll even be nice and go 50/50 with you on the price ;)

• Member Contributer

Just registered. It will be my first long, interstate trip, but I have confidence it will be well worth the ride out there.

Also may be the youngest at 22 but I love my VFR and would love to meet all of y'all. I will be reserving a room if anyone wants to split it with me, I'll even be nice and go 50/50 with you on the price ;)

PirateRiderBen, aka ThePup, was the youngest Tmac rider up to now. If you are younger that him, you'd become ThePup2 (ThePupII if preferred). I'm thrilled that a younger generation is entering the VFR fold. Welcome.

PirateRiderBen, aka ThePup, was the youngest Tmac rider up to now. If you are younger that him, you'd become ThePup2 (ThePupII if preferred). I'm thrilled that a younger generation is entering the VFR fold. Welcome.

If his birthday on his account is correct then I am a whopping 16 days older then him ;)

OK it's starting to pick-up a little with 36 people signed up.

Don't forget the Rooms go Off Hold at the end of April, prices remain if there are rooms left!

The first year i had kegs we had 4, last year we have 3. :beer:

Thanks gig,

did you every get signed up???

• Member Contributer

Don't forget the Rooms go Off Hold at the end of April, prices remain if there are rooms left!

Thanks gig,

No, im out of town using work laptop which may be the issue getting wesite blocked, ill try on mac when home.

Ive been in contact with warwoman and will try and have beer taken care of on monday. Based on the number of people booked, is 3 kegs still the amout needed?

Thanks gig,

No, im out of town using work laptop which may be the issue getting wesite blocked, ill try on mac when home.

Ive been in contact with warwoman and will try and have beer taken care of on monday. Based on the number of people booked, is 3 kegs still the amout needed?

Yes, I think 3 is a safe bet. :beer:

If his birthday on his account is correct then I am a whopping 16 days older then him ;)

HA! I retain my title as youngest. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Yeah... but NOT the most immature!

• Member Contributer

Dad and I are registered. Will take care of the hotel tomorrow. Limited vacation, so we're going to start driving down Thursday afternoon. Keep the beers cold. For that matter, save a couple.

• Member Contributer

I still have a pony keg of North Coast Red Seal Ale if that would be of use.

Bring it! : -)))

How many boxes of sangria shall I bring?

Sangria? how about the margarita mixer thingie?

Sangria? how about the margarita mixer thingie?

Braaaaaap!

I went to bed last night thinking about hot sun on my face, the smell of warm asphalt, and the feeling of a V4 thrumming between my legs while watching the lush greenery of 28 whizzing by... can't wait...

• Member Contributer

Yeah... but NOT the most immature!

It takes years of experience to advance to the immaturity level of this group. TMAC is a great way to hasten the advancement.

Are you referring to drinks or Amazon Fire tablets?

Since I have never been to a TMAC do we ride on sunday? or do people typically roll out sunday after check out? Trying to see if I should get a hotel Sunday night too

I think most people head for home Sunday. There are always a few people that stay Sunday night though. Last year Monday was Memorial day, so a lot of people had it off work.

I am only about 90 miles from Franklin, so I pack up and take the long way home.

Ahhhh - memories of the last dozen TMAC's flying through my head.........

If Sangria is on the premises - it is IMPERATIVE that some mechanical activity take place under the front stoop of the motel - with countless volunteers wrenching on random bikes.

If the blender appears, make sure that Corner Carver serves appropriately flavored Mint Julips - as well as Margharitas - and then try more mechanical enhancements - it usually works out just fine......

And lastly - if a tire needs to be changed - EVERYONE must forage in the adjacent wood lot for lumber to help break the bead on the tire - its best to simply avoid this situation - and stick with some Canadian beer or Whiskey - while others rip layers of flesh from their knuckles....

I will be there in spirit with you fine people - hoping to see some awesome videos posted of 28, pics of riding and motel shenanigans, and of course the Saturday night event - I hope its a blast for everyone.

Archived