Post A Picture Of Your Vfr

vfr

Sport mode

attachicon.gif2.jpg

and touring mode

attachicon.gif4.jpg

I can't believe people haven't pounced on these pictures. Where did you get those mirror mounts? You bike looks gorgeous by the way!

Thanks man, i love my bike which by the way i have since the summer of 2001.....
As for the mounts, it's custom hand-made, in a workshop here in my hometown,
after i saw a post somewhere in this site some years ago.....
here is a close-up
sorry if this is off topic

You will be the most popular 5th gen owner on this site if you have CAD files for those mounts. Seriously

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Yep, Beeville TX event. My final run (I only got 4 in) was an official 145.4 from standing start thru mile trap ... she was approaching 150 near the 1st brake markers and I let off, could have held out longer & still have braking space, but this was my 1st experience with any LSR type event so I was playing things safe ... of course, any top speed past the mark would not have been 'official', would have been just for me ...

ACE

What gear at the end of the run? 5th or 6th?

6th, here ya go:

http://youtu.be/ogVnl_c9yK8

My apologies to those who may have seen this already, don't mean to bore ya :laugh: ...

ACE

Well, I appreciate it! Do you have a speedo healer? Looked like it was dead on accurate. The reason I asked about the gear is that I remember a while ago BaileyRock had a theory that because it won't pull redline in 6th, for top speed 5th might be faster.

Well, I appreciate it! Do you have a speedo healer? Looked like it was dead on accurate. The reason I asked about the gear is that I remember a while ago BaileyRock had a theory that because it won't pull redline in 6th, for top speed 5th might be faster.

Yes, speedo healer installed. Don't recall BRs theory so I'm not sure why these gals wouldn't pull to redline in 6th ... given enough distance anyway.

• Member Contributer

Yes, speedo healer installed. Don't recall BRs theory so I'm not sure why these gals wouldn't pull to redline in 6th ... given enough distance anyway.

I think the theory related to not having enough torque to over come the wind resistance in the higher gear... top speed at redline in 5th may be higher than top speed in 6th if unable to pull to redline.

• Member Contributer

Dutchy it is so nice of you to take your daughter for a ride nice pic.

Never been completely flat out on it. Only 145mph or so. I think that was in fifth (cant be sure) n still pulling nicely.

6th always feels quite a step up in ratio from fifth though.

I reckon 5th is the gear to be in myself

Sport mode

attachicon.gif2.jpg

and touring mode

attachicon.gif4.jpg

I can't believe people haven't pounced on these pictures. Where did you get those mirror mounts? You bike looks gorgeous by the way!

Thanks man, i love my bike which by the way i have since the summer of 2001.....
As for the mounts, it's custom hand-made, in a workshop here in my hometown,
after i saw a post somewhere in this site some years ago.....
here is a close-up
sorry if this is off topic

OK. I have got to know more about these, and see a close up of them on your bike if you can? Are you using OEM mirrors? Why the change to these? Seriously....we need to talk. Also...you have a 5th gen?

OK. Upon closer inspection you have a 5th gen. Which model are the mirrors from...CBR1000RR, maybe?

OK. I have got to know more about these, and see a close up of them on your bike if you can? Are you using OEM mirrors? Why the change to these? Seriously....we need to talk. Also...you have a 5th gen?

OK. Upon closer inspection you have a 5th gen. Which model are the mirrors from...CBR1000RR, maybe?

It's a 5th gen of course and the mirrors are from a Suzuki GSXR 1000....
The change is all about the looks. I thing they look much better than the OEM.
As far as the OEM turn signals, i have changed them to side lights with clear lenses.
If you want some extra fotos i'm here!

• Member Contributer

Dutchy it is so nice of you to take your daughter for a ride nice pic.

Haha, she will love this, that is my wife on the back ;-)

Looking good for a 50 year old eh? :ph34r:

post-8974-0-52963200-1422096450.jpg

She did want a more tailored jacket though.....

post-8974-0-70896800-1422096547.jpg

Archived