• Member Contributer

Definitely nice.

The little custom touches are usually the difference between a nice-looking and a REALLY nice-looking bike.

I'm torn on the wheel color. It goes so well with the overall theme, but it downplays the 8-spoke.

I'm generally not a fan of red wheels, but I wonder how a darker red would look on the rims.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Engine/ Transmission

• Staintune Exhaust for 6th Gen
  • 98-'99 Headers- Ceramic Coated
  • K&N Air Filter
  • PAIR Block Off Valve
  • Power Commander PC III with Dyno Tune from Mounds Motorsports
  • New NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
  • New Radiator Hoses-Honda OEM
  • Sebspeed Clear Clutch Cover
  • Factory Pro Evo Shift Kit
  • 15T Countershaft Sprocket
  • Sunstar Gold Chain/ Black Sprocket

Bodywork/ Appearance

• CBR Style Headlight Conversion-Fiberglass
  • MRA Double Bubble- Dark Smoke
  • CREE LED Headlights
  • GSXR 750 Turn Signals w/ LED bulbs
  • 6th Gen VFR 800 LED Tail Light- Dark Smoke
  • 6th Gen Subframe/ Tail Section and Seat Cowl
  • Honda OEM Silver Paint 2003 VFR 800
  • Thurn Turn Signal Delete- "De Dumbo"
  • Tech Spec Tank Pads- Clear
  • 6th Gen Fuel Tank
  • Powdercoated Wheels/ Bag Mounts/ Triple Tree Gunmetal
  • Custom Decals by DallasB V4/ RC46
  • OEM VFR and Interceptor 3d emblems- painted black
  • Powdercoated Cylinder Head Covers Red
  • Powdercoated Clutch Pressure Plate Red

Suspension/ Brakes/ Tires

• CBR 929 Shock- DMR
  • Superhawk Forks- DMR Tuned
  • Delinked OEM brakes
  • Braking VFR 800 Front Brake Rotors
  • RC51 Front Calipers
  • Braking Radial Brake Master Cylinder- 16MM
  • Braking Radial Clutch Master Cylinder- 13MM
  • RC51 Rear Brake Master Cylinder
  • Galfer Stainless Steel Brake Lines
  • EBC HH Pads
  • Metzeler M7RR Tires
  • Honda VFR 750 8 Spoke Rear Wheel
  • 90 Degree Valve Stems

Electrical

• VFR ness
  • Shindengen Mosfet Regulator FH020AA
  • DigiProDigital Gear Shift Indicator
  • ADV Monster Voltmeter
  • WPS Lithium Battery
  • HealTech Speedo Healer
  • HealTech Quick Shifter

Comfort

• Saddlemen Custom 6th Gen VFR 800 Seat
  • Throttlemeister Throttle Lock
  • 6th Gen Honda VFR 800 Footpegs
  • Honda OEM 6th Gen Saddlebags w/ Bag Liners
  • KanadianKen Top Case Mount
  • Givi Blade 46 Litre Top Case w/ Brake Light / Backrest Pad
  • Spyder Grips
  • Heat Demon Heated Grip Warmers
  • Heli Bars
  • Heat Shield Drilled Out
  • RAM GPS Mount for Garmin Zumo
  • TPX Laser Radar Detector
  • Relocated OEM Helmet Holder to Bag Mount

It may not look like a major build, but here is a list of the mods.

Many thanks to the following peeps for all of their help, technical advice, and expertise!

• Kevin Lueder and Matt from Fatty's Cycles in Fortville IN- thanks for putting up with me for the last few years on these builds
  • Phil at Mounds Motorsports in Anderson IN for the spot on dyno tuning- 104 rwhp!
  • Tim of TT Designz for the bodywork modifications, repairs and paintwork
  • Mike "MellowDude" for some very helpful brackets and tech advice
  • Tom and Anne Seymour of Saddlemen for the best saddle I have ever ridden on, bar none
  • Seb for the bitchin' looking clutch cover
  • My wife, Nikki, for all the times she had to stop and give her opinion when it all probably looked the same to her
  • Dallas Brandt (DallasB)for his help with the decals
  • Jamie Daugherty for all of his suspension expertise and tuning address.jpg
  • All of the VFRD members that were kind enough to take time out of their day to give me advice and share their knowledge
  • Hope that I didn't miss anyone!

It was a fun project but I am very Glad that it's pretty much done and over. Would I do it again? No, I would just buy an Aprilia RSV4 and find a way to fit some damn bags on it!!!

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

for sure Terry! Just putting some finishing touches on it over the winter. Thanks my friend I appreciate the kind words on the build.

I just had the cylinder heads powdercoated red to match the clutch pressure plate. It will tie into the clear Seb cover nicely. I also just powdercoated the heli bars to match the triple trees. Their clashing color finishes were driving me nuts!!!

• Member Contributer

I think those red cylinder heads are the coolest. Love them. I can't wait to see and hear that work of art.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

The weather broke enough for me to get the bike out of the garage for some pictures showing off the red cylinder heads. The red on the pressure plate and cylinder heads is a brighter red in person. I think it ties in with the Saddlemen custom seat, decals and Seb's clear clutch cover/ red pressure plate nicely. It seems to break up all of the silver and black.

post-24302-0-32631300-1452288296.jpg

post-24302-0-64571800-1452288348.jpg

post-24302-0-17045600-1452288392.jpg

post-24302-0-93202200-1452288426.jpg

Honda would do well to study what you've built here.

Excellent work, I'm jealous. Bravo Zulu.

And the really cool thing is that its right down Honda's alley....parts bin stuff. Awesome job for sure! Looking forward to seeing it this spring.

• 3 weeks later...

Great lookin bike. You wouldn't happen to have more info on the fork mounted driving lights would you? I found your post about em from 2014, but no beam shots or details on how you got em mounted up. Anything to light up deer eyes...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/79882-rigid-ind-dually-led-install/page-2#entry979216

• Member Contributer

They are Rigid SRM spots. You can purchase a separate amber cover which just clips on. The cover is great for low visibility fog conditions. The Rigids are expensive but include the wiring harness and waterproof switch. Not to mention they are damn near indestructible. I mounted a set on my '07 RWB as well. I used to wear hi vis jackets but drivers still wouldn't see me. I can't tell you how many times people have started to pull out in front of me then seen the fork LED lights and stopped. They work.

• Member Contributer

They are Rigid SRM spots. You can purchase a separate amber cover which just clips on. The cover is great for low visibility fog conditions. The Rigids are expensive but include the wiring harness and waterproof switch. Not to mention they are damn near indestructible. I mounted a set on my '07 RWB as well. I used to wear hi vis jackets but drivers still wouldn't see me. I can't tell you how many times people have started to pull out in front of me then seen the fork LED lights and stopped. They work.

DBii, do you have part numbers? I'd like to do something about those hooved forest rats that hide on the edge of the roads.

• Member Contributer

ST2016-0592.jpg

These are the WPS part numbers. Any dealer that orders from WPS can get them from their street or ATV catalog.

I used the SRM spots. These are sold individually and you will also need to order the Amber model if you want the yellow cover. Yes, they are not cheap. But IMHO Yes, they are worth it if they don't crap out after a year and help keep you from getting hit from a cager or a deer.

• Member Contributer

I'd love to see some detail pics of the mounting to the forks. Do you think they'd work of fifth gen oem forks?

Another question: do the lights move (relative to the ground) with the wheel or with the frame(the rest of the bike) over bumps and such?

• Member Contributer

Hey MW,

I just mounted them on the reflector mounts. So they move with the fork. They should work fine on 5th gen fork lowers with the standard reflector mount. The lights are not that heavy and easy to wire up.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Spring time pics w/ chrome effect. I have had a chance now to put about 2500 miles on her so far this spring. The new Pirelli Rosso IIIs are phenomenal. If they didn't warm up so quickly I would swear they were track tires.

post-24302-0-98793600-1461101830.jpg

post-24302-0-76597500-1461101866.jpg

post-24302-0-13831700-1461101900.jpg

post-24302-0-63016100-1461101933.jpg

Spring time pics w/ chrome effect. I have had a chance now to put about 2500 miles on her so far this spring. The new Pirelli Rosso IIIs are phenomenal. If they didn't warm up so quickly I would swear they were track tires.

Erik,

Please put me #1 on the list to contact when you decide to sell that bike. :beer:

Archived