Rear Wheel

3dcycle

Depending on the offset you might do well with a 5th gen Rotor. It comes with a Large shim so you May be able to try w or w/o the shim and reDrill. The 6th gen Rotor is no good to you. Can't be reDrilled to a 5 bolt Pattern.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
WHEEL SUB-ASSY., RR. (TYPE1) (COO)
42650-MJM-305ZA
$399.15

AXLE, RR.
42300-MJM-D00
$141.20

ISK, RR. BRAKE
43251-MJM-D00
$172.01

Forgot you have to replace the rear rotor also.

More like $750 ..

Yeah the rear rotor will have to changed .

It's only money! What's that saying . . . "The motorcycle is just the down payment on the accessories!" :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Anyone know if the 8th gen wheel is any lighter than the 5th - 6th gen rear wheel?

I just looked up a bunch of parts as well, there are a lot of parts that match up, all the axle bearings are the same. the driven flange and dampners. the hub and carrier come up with different numbers. I found it to be kind of funny though, every time a part matched from 6 gen to 8 gen it also fit the cb1000r.

CB1000R rear wheel bolts up directly, and is rather inexpensive!

and is is FUGLY!!!!! iobarf.gifbarf.gif

If you guys are talking about the swirly-whirly styled wheel, from Honda, I agree that it kinda looks silly-fugly ...........

• Member Contributer

don't know that yet

Do you know if the 8th wheel will clear your rear brake caliper?
don't know, cant seem to get anyone with a 8 gen to do any measurements, so I will just have to order parts and see what its going to take to make fit, if possible

• Member Contributer

don't know that yet

Do you know if the 8th wheel will clear your rear brake caliper?
don't know, cant seem to get anyone with a 8 gen to do any measurements, so I will just have to order parts and see what its going to take to make fit, if possible

To busy riding .

• Member Contributer

someone must own one that lives in a shat hole that gets snow like me:) I just don't think they want a gen wheel on a 6 gen, that wheel is the best thing they have going for them. lol then its covered by that exhaust....

no matter I will pick away at it. almost have room for my bike to come back home

• Member Contributer

thanks for the offer I may take you up on it. hope fully I can get my bike soon, so I wont need your axle, time will tell.

• Member Contributer

Hey Mo, can you post a picture of your vfr400 swap? Is that 4.5 rear wheel. Thanks

It was a VFR400 axle so I could mount a BST Carbon RC45 rear wheel with single nut fitting. Would not advise anyone to use the 400 rear wheel !

Have a look in my gallery for pics.

• Member Contributer

I suppose it would be beneficial to have any measurements listed, it could be use full info for me now and others in the future, so if you could measure it up. let me know where you get you measurements from on the axle, I will match it on the 8 gen axle. also will do the 6 gen when I pull it out,unless someone beats me to it.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

just blazed through this old thread, cant believe its been 1 year already. so this is still not done, but I do have the axle, and brake rotor on the shelf at home. they do fit and line up, I checked this summer. I have the wheel coming should be here tomorrow, but bike is in storage for about 2 more weeks, then I hope to get this done with forks and a shock from Jamie.

• Member Contributer

Got my wheel today

Ran it by the big boss today, thinking about doing a 8 gen wheel package. As long as I do all the leg work and shipping they will let me do a group buy on these. Don't have a concrete price yet have to look into it more and make sure it's going to fit. But expect I could pass on a 3-400$ savings.

post-13027-0-49415000-1455903753.jpeg

• Member Contributer

will do when I get home, still at work. think the bike will be coming out of storage this weekend so I can confirm it fits.

a rough number for complete package for anyone who wants this set up will be in the $900 shipped, to the lower 48. I will work on getting that ironed out after fitment is achieved :)

Excellent job of researching this out !

Here, here, agreed.

Since the 8-spoke is virtual unobtainium and now this 10 spoke option.......

That wheel looks so good in the factory colour, hmmm may have to go shake the piggy bank and consider.

Euphemism intended. :biggrin:

Before and after photochop with a 10 spoke:

08 VFR W  10 spoke

Archived