Rear Wheel

3dcycle

• Member Contributer

hey I did the search but did not find anything, just wondering if anybody has tried to fit a 8 gen wheel to a 6 gen. I know it is a 5 lug and I would need to replace axle. has anybody tried?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the rear wheel from the 1200 could be bolted to the 2014 800?

I assume the 800 is 5.5" and the 1200 is 6" wide.

Then one could run a 190 on a correct width rim.

Not sure of the PCD is the same, or the wheel offsets are different due to shaft Vs chain.

• Member Contributer
WHEEL SUB-ASSY., RR. (TYPE1) (COO)
42650-MJM-305ZA
$399.15

AXLE, RR.
42300-MJM-D00
$141.20

ISK, RR. BRAKE
43251-MJM-D00
$172.01

Forgot you have to replace the rear rotor also.

More like $750 ..

• Member Contributer

any more good new? lol lucky for me I work at Honda dealer and can buy it at cost all that for $600

so first order of business is to get a axle and see if it fits the bearing carrier, to bad my bike is tucked away for winter, might be a month or so before I can do this... errr

• Member Contributer

yea I can powder coat the front wheel

in the perfect world I would swap front wheels too, but guess what it isn't perfect. that might be more than I want to bite off right now

• Member Contributer

Only if it's the same size. :happy:

Measure the hub width and the disc offsets and compare.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

yea I can powder coat the front wheel

in the perfect world I would swap front wheels too, but guess what it isn't perfect. that might be more than I want to bite off right now

And the clutch cover .

• Member Contributer

damn you keep confusing me here I don't want to mess with the clutch cover, its fine. :)

But does it look like this?

post-8974-0-73406000-1420976421.jpg

• Member Contributer

no it does no look like that, while its cool its not for me at the moment, that 8 gen wheel is sweet though.

• Member Contributer

no it does no look like that, while its cool its not for me at the moment, that 8 gen wheel is sweet though.

You mean that 1993 rear wheel?

• Member Contributer

no he means 8th gen.. thats what this whole thread has been about. stuffing 8th gen parts on a 6th gen.. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Only if it's the same size. :happy:

Measure the hub width and the disc offsets and compare.

Ciao,

If it turns out the hubs are the same specs - the only difference being 5 lugs vs 4, the 10 spoke wheel swap will probably become fairly common.

• Member Contributer

Interestingly enough, I was just looking up some parts for my 2000 VFR800Fi and I pulled up the parts list for the 2014 VFR800F at the same time. As one would expect the parts numbers are different for a lot of things on the rear wheel listing, BUT, the part number listed for the rear bearing holder (Part 42500-MBG-000) and the final driven flange (42605-MBG-000) is the same for both bikes. I know that there are a lot of other parts that need to match up and other offsets to deal with but if the bearing holder and final driven flange part numbers are the same, it certainly makes you wonder what else is the same, even if the part numbers are slightly different. I realize the similarity in part numbers doesn't indicate that a swap is certain or even possible but since the bearing holder part numbers are the same you would think that the dimensions on the axle shaft and other parts must be similar as well.

• Member Contributer

no he means 8th gen.. thats what this whole thread has been about. stuffing 8th gen parts on a 6th gen.. :beer:

I thought he was talking about the 8-spoke on Dutchy's bike there.

• Member Contributer

I do like the 8 spoker looks very nice. but in that instance I was talking about the clutch cover. nice but mine is just fine. I would not mind finding a 8 spoke wheel either. come to think of it my buddy has a white 8 spoke, on his 750 wonder if he would notice a black 5 spoke... hrmmmm maybe not until summer

• Member Contributer

I just looked up a bunch of parts as well, there are a lot of parts that match up, all the axle bearings are the same. the driven flange and dampners. the hub and carrier come up with different numbers. I found it to be kind of funny though, every time a part matched from 6 gen to 8 gen it also fit the cb1000r.

Archived