Galfer Brake Lines

wera803

• Member Contributer

How about using 5mm longer screws?

That chainguard is fugly anyway, though I would be looking to replace it with something nicer! (My Harris rear hugger has its own chainguard, though most other 5th-gen huggers seem to just glom onto the OEM one.)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately i bought a set of Goodridge just before the group buy! I had same problem with the clutch line. Does anybody know if the Goodridge hoses turn as well?

If you reuse the stock grommets, you can reuse the stock clamps.

I used the stock clamps and grommets as well. If you read the whole thread, Galfer wanted to know why I didn't use their clamps instead of the stock hardware and asked for pictures. I was just updating this thread with pics for them.

How about using 5mm longer screws?

That would work. The original complaint was Galfer gives you clamps that don't work with the stock hardware, so you are left to source your own or make it work somehow. It can be done, but wouldn't take much more effort for them to provide a "complete" kit.

• Member Contributer

I used the stock clamps/grommets on the chain guard. They don't hold the lines tight, but in several years I've had no issues with them floating in there. They don't seem to move much if at all.

• Member Contributer

I used the stock clamps/grommets on the chain guard. They don't hold the lines tight, but in several years I've had no issues with them floating in there. They don't seem to move much if at all.

A little strip of rubber wrapped around the line or small hose slit and slipped over will hold the line snug without movement... with all the suspension movement they will rub over time if not secured.

Archived