Best Price On Plugs

Lint

Question

In searching the interwebs, I thought I would try out a place I have bought car parts from in the past. www.rockauto.com They have the best prices I have found anywhere and low shipping as well. It's called Rock Auto and if you click their motorcycle tab you can use the dropdown menu for your bike.

The NGK plugs IMR9B09H are only $9.86 and the Denso IUH27 are only $5.84. Shipping on a set of four Denso plugs is only $2.57 to me here in Ca. unless you want it more quickly.

Check it out and save some money!

(Disclaimer: No, I am not affiliated with them.)

16 answers to this question

I found Advance Auto Parts near me carries NGK plugs for about the same price as most online places. $9.99 for the IMR9B09H plugs. No shipping, but you would have sales tax. Just another source if you want them without ordering.

• Member Contributer

Been buying the NGKs in boxes of 10 from RA for years. I don't buy the fancy ones. The copper ones do just fine, and I don't feel bad about tossing 'em when they get too burnt.

Anyone using the Denso's? Sure a lot cheaper . . .

Yep, I'm using them in mine for quite awhile now. Got them off Ebay

Bike runs just as well as always. No difference to my butt dyno. Just saved some money.

Been buying the NGKs in boxes of 10 from RA for years. I don't buy the fancy ones. The copper ones do just fine, and I don't feel bad about tossing 'em when they get too burnt.

Which copper plug are you using? There are a couple available. I'm curious if there would be any performance difference between iridium and copper, at least noticeable to a person, not a dyno.

• Member Contributer

Which copper plug are you using? There are a couple available. I'm curious if there would be any performance difference between iridium and copper, at least noticeable to a person, not a dyno.
Part # 7502. Don't know about the performance thing, but I've had bad experiences with expensive plugs in other vehicles so I like to keep it simple.

I just found this on sparkplugs.com:

NGK 6216 CR9EHIX-9 IX Iridium Plug
SKU: #CR9EHIX-9
ITEM : # NGK6216
BRAND: NGK
PRICE: $8.06

Plug Specifications

Thread Size: 10mm
Hex Size: 5/8" (16mm)
Reach: 19mm (3/4")
Seat Type: Gasket
Gap: .036" (0.9mm)
Heat Range: 9

http://www.sparkplugs.com/product.aspx?zpid=9686

This is for a 1998 VFR 800Fi Interceptor. Shipping to N. VA is less than $1.00 each. I guess that makes them the cheapest iridium plugs online anywhere that I can find....

The standard NGK plug is $6.88

http://www.sparkplugs.com/product.aspx?zpid=9684

• Member Contributer

There are a couple available. I'm curious if there would be any performance difference between iridium and copper, at least noticeable to a person, not a dyno.

NONE!! ZERO !!!ZIP!!! BUPKIS!!!

seriously,

tested all this bull crap stuff on a dyno in school for HP..

spark plugs no diff in Hp

ditto for premium gas... you had to spend nearly $25 a gallon on race gas to get 1 extra HP

my pals bike has the same $1.70 plugs in his bike for the past 15 years. they are perfect tea color, if it aint broke. dont fix it.

snip

my pals bike has the same $1.70 plugs in his bike for the past 15 years. they are perfect tea color, if it aint broke. dont fix it.

I totally agree. I haven't changed plugs (iridium) on any of my motorcycles for at least 20 years

• Member Contributer

I just found this on sparkplugs.com:

NGK 6216 CR9EHIX-9 IX Iridium Plug

SKU: #CR9EHIX-9

ITEM : # NGK6216

BRAND: NGK

PRICE: $8.06

Plug Specifications

Thread Size: 10mm

Hex Size: 5/8" (16mm)

Reach: 19mm (3/4")

Seat Type: Gasket

Gap: .036" (0.9mm)

Heat Range: 9

http://www.sparkplugs.com/product.aspx?zpid=9686

This is for a 1998 VFR 800Fi Interceptor. Shipping to N. VA is less than $1.00 each. I guess that makes them the cheapest iridium plugs online anywhere that I can find....

The standard NGK plug is $6.88

http://www.sparkplugs.com/product.aspx?zpid=9684

been running these plugs for years without issue and last and last . Cant go wrong with these imho

Archived