Givi Top Box - 6Th Gen

adamv

Hi,

I am looking at adding a Top Box to my '09 VTEC to store some clothes, etc so I can do a bit of traveling on my bike. Having never done something like this before I just wanted to make sure I have everything right before I commit to an order.

I'm looking at the Givi V46 Top Case.

As I understand it, I will also require the Givi 166FZ Monorack Mount arms.

I've been a little confused between the Monokey and Monolock, but I believe that I'm chasing a Monokey and that the 166 FZ Monorack Mount Arms will support the V46.

Is there anything else I need, or should this bolt straight onto my bike?

I also struggled to find stores that would ship to Australia. I've found www.motorcycle-superstore.com which seem to be the only one at the moment, so I'm close to hitting the ORDER NOW button but wanted to confirm with some fellow VFR'ers to make sure I've got everything right.

Thanks in Advance.

• Member Contributer

I'm no help on the tech questions - on the vendor though, try searching for motorcycle superstore coupon and see what you find. Sometimes they have 10% off everything. After Christmas might be a good time to look. Partzilla might also be worth a try. Their price are usually good and they will ship overseas.

I think the mount number is correct. Just make sure it has the mount bars that connects to your grab handles (passenger). One of the best mods I've done, also Dont go with the LED light kit from Givi,

There junk, go to admorelights.com, great customer care and work great.Brake/running lights and turn signals

A lot easier on the back without a backpack.

Just updated my tapatalk and now wont load pictures. .....

• Member Contributer

Yep, 3 pieces, mount, mounting plate and top case. It's been a while since I made my purchase but I believe those to be the correct part numbers mentioned above, I have the E55 case and it will easily fit 2 helmets side by side and small soft items no problem. Like Duccmann said, no more back pack weighing me down! I also don't even notice it weighted or empty while riding. The back pad shown is optional and is something the wife really appreciates.

post-23057-0-55608100-1418837513.jpg

post-23057-0-50356700-1418837519.jpg

post-23057-0-51075600-1418837525.jpg

As a side note - if you go the Givi route on the topcase, you cannot go the OEM route on the side cases. The mounting kits are incompatible. That being said, the Givi v35 look great on the 6th gen VFR's.

Thanks all. Looks like I've got what i need to know. Also found a local supplier with a reasonable price (compared to international) so I may not need to order internationally after all.

Also thanks for the tip on the side panniers. I think if I go for those, I'll go givi. Nice to know that they'll be compatible if I ever move up to another bike, etc - just need to replace the bracket itself.

• Member Contributer
I've had this Givi combo for two years now with very good results. I don't really care for the look of the rack but it is so nice to be able to just throw the trunk on and go. I got the rack, two mounting plates, and the Blade 47l trunk from my local craigslist or ebay (can't remember now) for $300. They show up periodically and seem to pop up more in the winter when people aren't inclined to use them.

Givi rack for Blade Trunk

Givi Blade B47 holds XL Shoei 1100 and Med HJC CL12 helmet

Givi Blade B47 closed and locked with two helmets inside.

There have been some issues with the Givi rack frames cracking but I try to load my heaviest items down low in my saddle bags anyway to keep the cg lower. You can't throw in a 50# payload and expect it to hold up. *** and yes, you'll notice my OEM fender is re-mounted in the second set of pics. The fender eliminator allowed tons of road debris to be flung up all over my trunk and tail light assembly. I put it back on to keep things tidy for a recent 4500 mile road trip.

Long Haul Ready

Does this make my butt look big?

• Member Contributer

I love my Givi products. As mentioned above, Kappa is the same stuff at a lower price. My VFR has a 52L case and a Kappa rack.

0kbOIN4l.jpg

I've had Givi stuff on my last three bikes. Can't live without my top case now

Archived