F@#&ed My Bike & Myself Up Today

TNRabbit

• Member Contributer

Easier said then done BUT, be patient with the healing and getting the bike fixed up. Little by little...

Could have been worse.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

My first VFR went through several rebuilds before being KIA at 105,000 mi.

Getting to work on a rebuilding plan may distract you from your misery TNRabbit. You'll be back riding before you know it.

I had planned to put her away for the winter anyway. Planning to replace the clutch plus I have new plastic all around & want to rebuild the forks/rear shock.

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear about your accident,get well soon and glad it wasn't worse, what gear were you wearing and how did it hold up?

broken bones are no fun, been there bought the t-shirt,

sometimes looking back it's silly things that annoy you,what ifs? had a bad accident myself ten years ago(not on the bike) and it annoyed me for a long time thinking how I shouldn't even have been were I was that day,but that's life.

Good luck with the recovery and hope those pain meds do their job.

• Member Contributer

Yep.

You're in one piece and in good enough spirits to gripe about towing fees. I agree, BTW. That was a rip-off.

Take it slow, heal up and you're right - this is the best time of the year to crash :goofy:

Sorry to hear about your accident,get well soon and glad it wasn't worse, what gear were you wearing and how did it hold up?

broken bones are no fun, been there bought the t-shirt,

sometimes looking back it's silly things that annoy you,what ifs? had a bad accident myself ten years ago(not on the bike) and it annoyed me for a long time thinking how I shouldn't even have been were I was that day,but that's life.

Good luck with the recovery and hope those pain meds do their job.

I was wearing an older (2005?) Shoei full face helmet. It's pretty much toast at this point, but WORKED GREAT. I bounced my head off the pavement pretty hard without any ill effects (I'm pretty hard-headed anyway~). Joe Rocket leather jacket, FirstGear leather gloves, both worked great with zero road rash. I went down in gravel @ 50 mph back in July with the jacket & helmet with zero issues.

I WAS NOT wearing protective pants. Around town, I customarily wear flannel-line jeans which is what I was wearing Sunday. Slight tear in the left knee but no damage to me whatsoever. I know, not the best idea but for around town, leather pants are just not very practical & I just can't afford kevlar. If I'm on a ride that is going to take me at higher speeds or in the twisties, I ALWAYS wear my Joe Rocket leather pants (zip into the jacket).

• Member Contributer

I always wear the fully lined Kevlar jeans,they were big money 2 years ago but I've had some wear out of them,still as good as new,

I'm going to buy leather pants next year,I wear an RST leather jacket with upgraded protection and leather gloves with good hand and wrist protection,Sidi boots that protect the toes ankle(both sides) and shin protection as well.

can't believe that some of the cruiser riders still don't even wear a helmet. my next helmet is going to be a shoei neotec,big money but a great helmet.

I wonder would abs have helped you? it's so easy to get distracted for a second,happens me more in the cage than the bike though,there are no distractions really on the bike so I tend to be 100% focused,but tiredness etc can be factors.

Archived