I Have A Dream

Dutchy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Nope, then still the rear shock will most likely interfere.......

so I will let her go.....

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/3528-sebring-left-exit-exhaust-system-for-3rd-gen-90-93-vfr750-rc36-1/

OBO means what it means....

euro to $ exchange range equal at 1 now.....

• Member Contributer

I just blew $400 on a speeding ticket....

shit...

• Member Contributer

39 over after correction

10 euro per km

+ 6 euro admin

The tunnel near Oudenrijn was empty, so I let her rip.

I am counting my blessings as I was still moving away from him. But he clocked off after the minimum 16 seconds of measuring.

40 over means the Justice department wants it say, 50 an instant ban.

OK, so DMR front fork kit fund took a hit.

Counting my blessings though, I was on my way home from a memorial meeting for someone from my old scout troop.

58, cancer, death...

• Member Contributer

I just blew $400 on a speeding ticket....

shit...

$400!!! Jesus, thought it was bad over here. What speed were you doing?

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear Léon. I know how frustrating it is to get tickets. I get my share. On the plus side you're still alive, unscathed, and it's only facking money. I'll have a couple glasses of red wine thinking about you rising and the tickets I am not getting cause I'm not riding.

Cheers man,

C

• Member Contributer

It was motorway alright, where 100 (62mph) is posted.

The tunnel is about a mile long.

It is not a "proper" tunnel; it is a euro 238million "cover" over a stretch of motorway for "environmental" reasons.

Read that now they can build houses closer to the motorway and comply with EU regulation on building close to roads.... :unsure:

But the cop did me a favour by not attempting to establish my real speed.

As he drove off (he had led me of the motorway) in his unmarked car, a police panda car stopped on the other side, to check if I was ok.
They asked if the car that they saw driving off had been giving me grief (road rage).
Told them yes, but that it was due... :-)
Fair cop.

PS:
As it was at night, he walked over to me (yes he can do so safely here...) showed his id, saw the Honda logo and said "red, that is the SP1 no? Nice Akrapovic, great sound...."

• Member Contributer

My dream will go on a journey tomorrow....

• Member Contributer

And the good news is that the speeding fine ended up Eur 346, not Eur 396.........

The measured speed was 140, minus 5 correction makes 35 over :-)

Eur 50 saving is a good bottle of single malt! Wahey!!! :beer:

• Member Contributer

Well,

I still have some of the Laphraoig PX left that you brought me..... :beer:

• Member Contributer

Well,

I still have some of the Laphraoig PX left that you brought me..... :beer:

You do?!??! :wacko: I thought it'd be all gone by now. Don't make me go out there to finish it up with you!!!! :491: unless it's bad stuff, then feel free to throw it down the drain….. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

It is superb whisky, but she has to compete with 30+ other bottles AND redslut for my attention.... :cool:

You would be walking home with your bike impounded here in QLD Australia for 40 km/h over the limit with a court appearance as well

40 K's over the limit here is an instant side of the road loss of licence and they have no sense of humour having recently dropped the speeding tolerance to just a couple of km/h over the limit = a fine

My riding buddy just got done for 64km/h in a 60 zone

• Member Contributer

Over here, 50 over is an instant ban.

They then have 10 days to consider what to do next, looking at one's speed sheet. That more than 30 over of mine will be on record for a few years....

They also introduced new digital speed cameras...

Bert was asked yesterday to add 38 bucks to the state's coffers.

And hey who is that in the bottom left corner??? Fingers crossed, keeping an eye on my mailbox...

post-8974-0-86425500-1430373582.jpeg

• Member Contributer

You would be walking home with your bike impounded here in QLD Australia for 40 km/h over the limit with a court appearance as well

40 K's over the limit here is an instant side of the road loss of licence and they have no sense of humour having recently dropped the speeding tolerance to just a couple of km/h over the limit = a fine

My riding buddy just got done for 64km/h in a 60 zone

I was in Australia three years ago on a four month post divorce road trip in a big old Toyota Amazon i had bought when i got nicked at 11 at night driving OUT of a back street town towards Tweeds Head. I was doing 15k over the limit and the camera was facing towards me. The flash frightened the crap out of me. By the time the paperwork caught up with me at my sisters place near Newcastle i was safely back in the UK. Never paid the fine so dare not go back to Aus, they'd probably put me in nick. Anyway Australia's too expensive now compared to when i was there 8 years ago.

Ps don't they give you double points if they nick you on a Sunday?

Archived