Standard Seat Vs Low Narrow Seat

Guest chrisdct

Guest chrisdct

Hi.

I would like to ask you to help me with this question:

One month ago i purchased a used VFR 1200 DCT equipped with standard seat (...i believe).

Today I received the Low Narrow Seat that I ordered as an accessory (genuine Honda).

The surprise... comparing the two saddles, there is very little difference (!!!) They look almost identical...

Someone who has had them both and can confirm that it is so?

(maybe my used VFR had already Low Narrow Seat..)

Thank you all for the help.

I have both. Yes, they look very similar, but the low seat is shaped a bit differently. The front part near the tank is a bit narrower and the sides are cut a bit differently. It's subtle, but if you look carefully, you'll see the differences. The cover material is almost as slippery as the stock seat cover, but it seems a tad softer, or maybe the foam underneath is softer too, I really cannot tell which. The end results is my butt tends to slide a bit less on the low seat. I ride on the low seat around town and switch to the stock seat for sport touring.

Check the P/N molded on the underside. The low seat has a different P/N.

• 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer
On 12/10/2014 at 11:24 AM, Volfy said:

I have both. Yes, they look very similar, but the low seat is shaped a bit differently. The front part near the tank is a bit narrower and the sides are cut a bit differently. It's subtle, but if you look carefully, you'll see the differences. The cover material is almost as slippery as the stock seat cover, but it seems a tad softer, or maybe the foam underneath is softer too, I really cannot tell which. The end results is my butt tends to slide a bit less on the low seat. I ride on the low seat around town and switch to the stock seat for sport touring.

Check the P/N molded on the underside. The low seat has a different P/N.

How much more knee bend do you have with the low seat? 

My standard seat cover has split and I am trying to decide on what to do.  Low seats are available on ebay but I am not really wanting increase my knee bend while riding.  The other option is to send my OEM seat pan in to Sargent for recovering and foam upgrade.

BTW, for anyone who doesn't check the classifieds, I am looking to buy a VFR1200 seat  or seat pan or a Sargent seat if you have any of these you are looking to sell.

Archived