I'm Back

curtis

Went to get the other bike today. Pulled trailer 130miles in the rain, each way.

It was beautiful, from 10ft away. I was expecting scratches and nics associated with a 99 model, which it did have. But both side fairings looked newer than rest of bike. On the left, the was a 1\4" gap between fairing and nose section. Front fender was significantly damaged but passable. Headlamp cracked, tailight cracked. It was on drip charger when I arrived, he mentioned it was dead just this morning for the first time ever. Left turn signals not working. We had tentatively agreed to $2200. I offered $2000 because of the issues. He countered at 21, I walked. Sitting home now and thinking about it, Im glad he refused my offer.

I think the seller was leaving out some important info. Never good to buy a bike under those circumstances. The bike may be good despite the seller but sounds like the bike has crash damage and is not in "good" shape.

Plus you don't need it.

I had a 92 BMW R100RS. I was stacking up the miles on it so I got a very low miles 99 VFR to commute with. I really fell in love with the VFR. So I decided to sell the R100RS. But I cant sell it. love it to much!

That has nothing to do with anything I guess. But I wish I only had one road bike.

Archived