I'm Back

curtis

Sold my high mileage 98 model earlier this year, and have regretted it since. Thankfully I was able to cure my sellers remorse with the acquisition of this one yesterday. Same year model but half the miles and way better overall cond. She appears to have been never dropped.

20141207_141304.jpg

Wiped down good, bra removed, resting in garage awaiting our first real rendevous.

20141207_174355.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looks great!

That shadow on the rear tire in the top picture threw me off for a minute though. Thought there was an adventure tire on there.

Congrats and welcome back to VFR ownership! She looks amazing, too! :smile:

Possibly regretting the sale or trade of my VFR is one reason I still have it. Not that there aren't other terrific machines out there, but even after 8+ years and 74k mi. I still absolutely love my bike. So far I haven't found another bike that I'd be as happy with overall, at least not one I can afford!

• Member Contributer

Cool. Welcome back. Looks real nice in the photos, probably better in person I bet.

Just went out for a quick 20miler. Man oh Man have I missed that sound.......not to mentioned performance.

One has to wonder, how would the 2014's be selling if they were sans vtec and with gear driven cams.

20141208_145442.jpg

I absolutely could not be happier at this moment, aside from hitting the powerball or something.

It truly is the closest to a perfect motorcycle that I've ridden. And there have been sv1000's, Speed Triples, CBR's, GSX's, the list goes on.

• Member Contributer

Welcome back to the asylum. That is one fabulous looking machine. You obviously have good taste in mc s.

• Member Contributer

Welcome back to the asylum. That is one fabulous looking machine. You obviously have good taste in mc s.

Check for rat nests. Rats love 5th gens just ask Terry.

And WELCOME back !!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

You must be a man of steel! I only lasted 3 months when I sold my last one and told myself I was moving on to something "better". I just jumped ten years from a '97 to an '07. I miss my gear driven cams and D&D pipe but the '07 has its own charms. We are in the middle of a week of 60 degree weather here in Colorado and I've been on it every day. Global warming and VFRs are a marriage made in heaven. NUKE AND PAVE! :wheel:

-and I'm another one that was thrown by that shadow on the rear tire for a moment. Looked like an Indy Car rain tire! Indy_rain-tires.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome back. My daily driver and weekend carver has 115k miles on it. Gotta get my RC51 road legal to take some of the work load off the old girl. But something about a well sorted 5th gen VFR800 just feels like home to me.

• Member Contributer

Welcome back and good luck with your new bike,I only lasted just over 2 months without my 5th gen,just wish the weather would improve a bit here soon to get some decent miles done

• Member Contributer

Welcome back to the Asylum! So what's planned sans bra? Other farckles?

20140809_075429_zpsa84dfc9a.jpg

Better kept a close eye on that baby , Terry loves 5th gens.

Good lookin bike !!!

• 2 weeks later...

No planned mods, although I do like that tank pad.

I am considering getting her a twin sister, as another has surfaced within a few hour drive, for a very attractive price.

Does it make me selfish to hoard 2 gen 5's, so as to increase the likelihood I will never again have to be without one?

She is another 1998, 20k miles, minor scratches on one side fairing but otherwise in 'good' shape. Doesn't sound as nice as my recent purchase, but fewer miles and way better price.

• Member Contributer

I am considering getting her a twin sister, as another has surfaced within a few hour drive, for a very attractive price.

Does it make me selfish to hoard 2 gen 5's, so as to increase the likelihood I will never again have to be without one?

She is another 1998, 20k miles, minor scratches on one side fairing but otherwise in 'good' shape. Doesn't sound as nice as my recent purchase, but fewer miles and way better price.

I just gave in to the same temptation. I wanted to keep my '01 with lower miles (currently only at 4k, purchased in spring of 12 with only 750...) so I bought a Y2K with 7k miles. I say Go for it!

• Member Contributer

Do the twin. One can never have too many fifth gens. :wheel: I was worried about how to replace my first one as it approched 100,000 mi. It was KIA at 105,000 but I already had the replacement and was darn glad I did.

Switchblade is right: I've bought five fifths and two had nests in the air boxes. If they've been stored in the "back forty" checking the airbox is a Must Do.

Archived