Omni Cruise Cruise Control Clamp

PhotoOp

Just picked up one of these at the Long Beach motorcycle show a few weeks back. After playing with it for a while I can give it a resounding endorsement. Cheap enough, but easier to use than a few other similar products I have tried. Very nicely made. Works on multiple bikes. And USA owned and produced. The limitations of this clamp style cruise control are that it can't adjust for gradients and its not great in traffic. But I pair it with a slip on cramp buster and between the two I have plenty of options in distance riding hand relief. Snag one of these you won't regret it.

and yes, I have played with the cheaper versions, this is worth the extra 10 bucks just for the top mounted adjustment

http://www.omni-cruise.com

Guest Recalcitrance

Bought one over a year ago. Went to the guy's house. Nice guy. Glad to see he's doing well in his business. I wasn't happy with mine so I gave it away. Slipped a lot and didn't hold the throttle well. Maybe he's refined it.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/74962-omni-cruise-throttle-lock-review/?hl=%2Bomni+%2Bcruise+%2Bthrottle+%2Block

The limitations of this clamp style cruise control are that it can't adjust for gradients and its not great in traffic.

Which of course goes for any throttle clamp. "Not great" is an understatement lol.

I think the key to this kind of thing is it needs to be distraction-free. I used to use an O-ring, which worked fine but it was too tricky to use, amazed I didn't kill myself. I've been leery of Throttlemeister for the same reason. My old Harley had a thumbscrew, which was excellent. Totally eye-off and also no need to move your hands. Of everything I've tried, that was the best. Right now I'm using a NEP, which is eyes-off. The lever is too long but that can be fixed. It can't be adjusted underway, which is a blessing in disguise. It's not too fiddly, meaning it works within a broad range of adjustment.

So how does the omin-cruise stack up in terms of ability to use eyes-off, fiddliness, not having to take one or more hands off the bars to activate? (Pretty good I suspect, neat device)

I've been riding with a throttlemeister for 10 years, it's been excellent, very easy to engage and never locks on. I also think it is by far the most elegant mod, looks like OEM, most people don't know its there. Just my 2 cents.

Archived