The Cheesy Plastic Black Piece With The Fake Frame Wield Point: Vfr 1200

RogueWave

This was something hidden in the pictures. If you look at the middle piece of the bike between the transmission and tank cover, there is a cheesy black cover with a fake wield point. All on a $17,000 bike. What was Honda thinking?

I don't know what it looks like underneath. I assume there is an undressed frame. I wonder what can be done. Can this plastic be removed or made to look less cheesy?

post-31678-0-37554400-1417477579.jpg

This was something hidden in the pictures. If you look at the middle piece of the bike between the transmission and tank cover, there is a cheesy black cover with a fake wield point. All on a $17,000 bike. What was Honda thinking?

I don't know what it looks like underneath. I assume there is an undressed frame. I wonder what can be done. Can this plastic be removed or made to look less cheesy?

It's the what now?

I'm not surprised that some people might mistake the flat or satin black painted diecast and welded together hydro-formed, frame elements on bikes today as plastic panels covering a more "conventional" frame under it, as many riders had gotten so used to seeing either clear anodized or silver painted frames on bikes for so many years. I always preferred the clear anodized brushed aluminum frames on bikes anyway. Maybe the whole black painted frame thing might be a fad that will eventually go away in a few years??

• Like 1