Strange Donk From Front

adamv

• Member Contributer

My flapper only at works at higher r.p.m.'s and it's spring loaded to stay closed . Unless something has failed, would be the only reason it be workingg at low r.p.m.'s, possible .

Neither high, nor low RPMS... this thing opens and shuts at mid-range... it's all in the Workshop Manual... if you don't have it, download it, it's chockablock full of essential and enlightening information:

MHSGig1l.jpg

For the original poster: in the above image is the procedure to follow to check the operation of the famous Flapper Valve... as you will see, it doesn't normally operate in neutral, so you have to unplug the neutral sensor connector as indicated above.

• Member Contributer

It seems somewhat popular to disable / remove the flapper, but I want mine operating to help the low / midrange where mine spends most of its time.

• Member Contributer

Mr.RC45 flapper is still installed and working to tune the airbox so the engine doesn't hit any sour notes through the RPM range... HRC

engineered it like a finely tuned instrument to optimize intake efficiency and after testing theory myself I don't advise any owner to remove

the flapper...

post-3131-0-55344400-1419661573.jpg

Is there any way to tune the fueling on an rc45 besides an HRC ecu? There isn't much point in doing any modifications , if you can't adjust the fueling and ignition to match.

• Member Contributer

Is there any way to tune the fueling on an rc45 besides an HRC ecu? There isn't much point in doing any modifications , if you can't adjust the fueling and ignition to match.

Sometimes it sucks owning a rare Honda because your only option to adjust the fueling map on an RC45 is either the HRC Sprint or Endurance

ecu and wiring harness... I tired to adapt an VFR800 Power Commander and no joy... I begged Bazza at Laguna Seca and no go... I begged

Power Commander over the phone and no go... hell heaven help us...

That sucks. If you can get ten rc45 guys to put down deposits, rapid bike will build a system. And rapid bike is hands down better than either power commander and bazzaz.

• Member Contributer

That sucks. If you can get ten rc45 guys to put down deposits, rapid bike will build a system. And rapid bike is hands down better than either power commander and bazzaz.

That is great news but since RB aren't close to the west coast and NY is such a long distance.. in other words to make this all work in

harmony me and Mr.RC45 would have to travel over 2000 miles and back... However I've filled out the on line form and we will see if they ante up...

All engineering/testing and manufacturing is done in the headquarters in Italy. The only north american dealer is here in Orlando Florida.

I really hope you're not talking to Lenny in New York.... He was let go from dimsport years ago and has been just selling old product.

Go to

Www.Rapidbike.us

Not www.rapidbikeusa.com

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for the help.

In regards to the flapper opening/closing at idle with the slightest of twists is anyone able to advise me what's more probable?

(ie, would a Vacuum hose leakage cause more issues if it wasn't operating until higher revs as opposed to idle, and should I be looking more at Diaphragm damage, etc)?

Keeping in mind that this doesn't happen when it's cold - or even for a time. It seems as though I've got to be riding for an hour or more before the problem starts to occur?

Cheers

Adam.

• Member Contributer

The solenoid valve that admits vacuum from the air box to operate the flapper gets its signal from the ECU at 5500 rpm. It won't do this except when in gear, so to test it at a standstill you need to pull off the neutral switch wire on the lower RHS of the engine. It just pulls off the terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived