14 Vfr Bar Riser Blocks Aka Handle Adjuster Plate 08R70Mjmd10

MotoPumps

Question

Back in July, I purchased a '14 VFR800D in Pearl White to replace my ailing '98 VFR. I love the new VFR for its light and narrow feel, beautiful styling and nicely integrated bags.

smugshot_8443282-XL.jpg

I might be getting old, but the bars felt a bit low. I ordered the Honda accessory handlebar riser blocks P/N 08R70-MJM-D10 for $119.00 and installed them. They really made a big difference, all out of proportion to their .7" height.

The next weekend I took them back off and made a visit to my local suspension/machine shop. We came to an agreement on a price that would allow me to have small runs of high quality 6061 billet aluminum, anodized to a very close bronze match and upgrade the hardware to high-strength stainless, replacing Honda's rust-prone standard steel allen bolts -- and offer them at a little more than half of what Honda was charging.

CAD drawings, changes, approvals, prototypes, test fitting, finishing, final approvals and deposits followed.

After developing the .7" height model, I decided to also commission a run of 1.25" risers. Longer bolts are included, and there are no cable, clutch or brake line issues with the added height. You can also raise the fork tubes .5" in the triple clamps if desired.

Everything is 100% US made and the machining quality is beautiful. Here is an opportunity to improve the ergos on your '14 and later VFR and save significant $$ off of Honda's accessory price.

The kit includes an Instruction Sheet, Stainless Steel Hardware and a Pair of .7" or 1.2" Bronze Anodized 6061 Aluminum Risers. Installation takes about 5 minutes.

smugshot_1108034-XL.jpg

smugshot_2575523-XL.jpg

smugshot_5521924-XL.jpg

smugshot_4105156-XL.jpg

smugshot_1480000-XL.jpg

The color is not a perfect match for the bronze metallic paint on the bars and triple clamp, but it is pretty close and tougher than the paint. From the saddle, almost none of the risers are visible.

Make your Gentlemen's Sportbike a little easier on your back while taking it easy on your wallet.

Just in time for the ultimate stocking stuffer. Point your sweetie at this thread. :evil

Free USA shipping!

International Shipping via USPS Priority Mail International at my cost, no markup.

Sizes .7 inch Standard Height $69.99

1.25 inch Tall Height $75.99

Head over here to ADV to purchase: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1026055

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived