What I Do In The Weekends - A Short Video Clip

Terry

• Member Contributer

I shot this last week from the nose of my VFR800. For local riders, Findlay Rd is easily overlooked where it branches from Miranda Rd near Miranda. The camera is a GoPro-knock off called an SJ4000, I did have some internal sound problems with a button that resonated with engine vibes but I fixed that, so the sound quality is pretty decent aside from wind distortion. If anyone is looking to buy an action cam but can't stretch to a GoPro, I can heartily recommend this one at US$129 delivered. Good battery life and very crisp images.

• 2 weeks later...

I so want to get a camera and show off some of our lesser known roads but I'm so convinced I would wad it up the minute I was recording. Nice video though, looks like a great place to ride

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the tip Terry,just bidding on an SJ4000 with a lot of extras included,only used once so the seller says,and its here in Ireland,that footage you took is brilliant.

• 5 weeks later...

I just logged in in an idle moment to see if there were any nice tour reports but dipped into fifth gen forum first and this exactly fitted the bill. I thought the scenery looked familiar. Decided to check it out today while the family was recovering from last night's New Years Eve party. Lovely little run and a nice extension to the return trip to Kaiaua. Miranda Back Rd is nice too. Saw just one car on each road too. Thanks a lot for the tip Terry. Nice vid too. I have to say it was inspirational!

• Member Contributer

Glad you liked the road Parksey!

But the best road I know of is Ohautira Rd that runs from Waingaro Springs toward Raglan. Add this to SH58 back to Tuakau and you've got a great day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice ride and the sky sure is purdy!

Very little traffic on that road and real lucky that truck was on the Wrong side of the road Also or there could have been Big problems!!! :laughing6-hehe:

Watch out for the dingo's mate! :beer:

BR

• Member Contributer

Nice ride and thanks for sharing the clip... what exhaust do you have on your 5th gen?

Ohautira here I come. Talked to a mate who knew it and he agreed with you. He also knows some great roads in a wide area around Whananaki. They've done a lot of sealing of those roads over the years. Was thereabouts years ago and remember feeling carsick - and I was driving. Will check those out too and maybe I can reciprocate on the tips. Cheers.

Sent when I should be working.

• Member Contributer

Nice ride and thanks for sharing the clip... what exhaust do you have on your 5th gen?

I'm running a Delkevic 450mm Tri-oval stainless steel pipe without the db killer.

Ohautira here I come. Talked to a mate who knew it and he agreed with you. He also knows some great roads in a wide area around Whananaki. They've done a lot of sealing of those roads over the years. Was thereabouts years ago and remember feeling carsick - and I was driving. Will check those out too and maybe I can reciprocate on the tips. Cheers.

Sent when I should be working.

Please let me know what you find.

I do venture North/West of the Bridge occasionally, but usually end up doing a loop from Huapai, up Old North Rd, then Peak Rd to Kaukapakapa, up SH16 then turn off onto West Coast Rd right through to Warkworth. The fine day traffic on to Matakana can be painful but keep on to Leigh, then revel in good empty windy roads to Pakiri, marred only by a couple of km of gravel. Then a fine, fine road to Wellsford, then back south on SH16.

Another good road that I have played on in the car is the road to Kawhia; there's no good loop, but it was a good blast.

Nice ride and the sky sure is purdy!

Very little traffic on that road and real lucky that truck was on the Wrong side of the road Also or there could have been Big problems!!! :laughing6-hehe:

Watch out for the dingo's mate! :beer:

BR

If I see any dingos then you can be sure I have made a Major Navigational Error.

• Member Contributer

I'm running a Delkevic 450mm Tri-oval stainless steel pipe without the db killer.

Sounds good... especially since I was listening from the front of the bike!!!

Thanks Terry, needed my fix big time...haven't ridden in 5 months...that was epic. Was thinkin about putting my helmet on while watchin it .... the wife fer sure would comit me to the local Looney farm.

Goin to grab me one of those cameras soon.....perfect quality.

Hey Terry,

Was looking on Amazon. ..which model do you have.....

DBpower

Magoodo

Tronsport?

Thanks

• Member Contributer

Thanks Terry, needed my fix big time...haven't ridden in 5 months...that was epic. Was thinkin about putting my helmet on while watchin it .... the wife fer sure would comit me to the local Looney farm.

Goin to grab me one of those cameras soon.....perfect quality.

Hey Terry,

Was looking on Amazon. ..which model do you have.....

DBpower

Magoodo

Tronsport?

Thanks

Here's a link to the site that I purchased my camera from:

http://www.foxoffer.com/sj4000-full-hd-waterproof-action-helmet-camera-p-659.html#.VLDkUiuUeSo

• Member Contributer

I uploaded another clip to You Tube for those of you not enjoying your winter season!

Archived