2014-15 Wind Chill Games

jekrumpe

• Member Contributer

My 46deg ride in at 80mph shows the following:

Old 20.95 New 31.9 NOAA 32

So, for South Florida, that's cold

Technically, I think that counts as freezing. :ph34r::ph34r:

Guest Recalcitrance

Just think of all the nubby nips you are missing .......

hahahahahaha.......I had a whole host of mental images and double entendres enter my head.......

• Member Contributer

It was 90 degrees on Thanksgiving here in Orange County. :biggrin: Temps took a nosedive after that into the mid-60's with rain. brrrrr...... Today 75.

I don't think we southern California members are allowed to play this reindeer game. :3:

yeah yeah yeah.. how many mud slides and forest fires did you have to out run?? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

It was 90 degrees on Thanksgiving here in Orange County. :biggrin: Temps took a nosedive after that into the mid-60's with rain. brrrrr...... Today 75.

I don't think we southern California members are allowed to play this reindeer game. :3:

yeah yeah yeah.. how many mud slides and forest fires did you have to out run?? :goofy:

Wait 'til an earthquake needs to be outrun. :wheel:

We only have the occasional tornado to dodge.

If you're having a mudslide, the fire is out.

You don't want to get caught in either one.

Tough to outrun an earthquake when there is zero warning that your groove thing is gonna shake hard. :computer-noworky:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Got back home last week after being away for 5 months for work and wanted to run some gas through the VFR as I had never drained the bowls before I left. As it was going to snow the next day I saddled up and hit the road with the temp @ 24 F. Only got up to 75 as there are no highways or even decent long stretch's of tarmac in the area. No matter, the tires rode like they were coated in Teflon anyway, they're Bridgestone S-20's, great in the summer, not so much in the winter. 0 F on the new scale, -16 F on the old.

I've got a few V4's, but only one with heated grips. Guess which one I was on. Think I remembered it before I put the bike back in the garage? :biggrin:

I've got a few V4's, but only one with heated grips. Guess which one I was on. Think I remembered it before I put the bike back in the garage? :biggrin:

So, you took the bike with heated grips, but forgot to turn them on? Doh! :goofy:

70 some degrees at home today, 50's in the mountains.

Nice day to ride. Wind is blowing hard tonight though.

• Member Contributer

Doh wasn't exactly what I was thinking as I sat there in my garage, but its on the right track..... :)

This is why I live in Queensland , a warm part of Australia today's expected high temp is 29° Celsius with humidity around 40%

(but we do get tropical rain 25-50 mm in an hour or less is common in storms during the late afternoon early evening regularly)

and in the winter it rarely gets below 18° C + No salt or grit on the roads

I have lived in cold snowy places ( originally from the U.K.) and I moved as I couldn't ride all year round and that is not acceptable neither is salt and grit attacking my bike

Also kind of like having Christmas dinner outside around the BBQ with steaks, sausages and seafood cooking and a cooler full of icey cold beer ,mykind of chill factor :cool:

Seasons Greetings to all enduring the cold

Merry xmas

ALT 0176 = °

• Member Contributer

This is why I live in Queensland , a warm part of Australia today's expected high temp is 29° Celsius with humidity around 40%

(but we do get tropical rain 25-50 mm in an hour or less is common in storms during the late afternoon early evening regularly)

I have lived in cold snowy places ( originally from the U.K.) and I moved as I couldn't ride all year round and that is not acceptable neither is salt and grit attacking my bike

Also kind of like having Christmas dinner outside around the BBQ with steaks, sausages and seafood cooking and a cooler full of icey cold beer ,mykind of chill factor :cool:

Merry xmas

ALT 0176 = °

i am packing up my stuff and moving close to your house..

whats the address so i can start shiping my tools ???

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

Saturday morning.

Temps: 28F

Speed: 45 MPH (just took a drive through town to get a haircut)

Old wind Chill: -9.33

New wind chill: 9.42

• Member Contributer

Merry xmas

ALT 0176 = °

i am packing up my stuff and moving close to your house..

whats the address so i can start shiping my tools ???

:goofy:

Me too I'm lookin for a change .

Been riding daily to work at 4:45 am. Temp in the 20s and 30s daily. Sometimes 40s.

One of the times I checked it was 22*F and I hit 95 mph for a -5*F wind chill.

Since Christmas, I have a jacket with sleeves long enough (nearly an impossible find). Those numb wrists make everything else feel warm.

Guest Recalcitrance

Ok. A legitimate entry.

Riding through Santa Barbara today at 3:30am, it hit 28F @ 75mph.

Old index: -8

New index: 6

Never want to experience that again.

• Member Contributer

Been riding daily to work at 4:45 am. Temp in the 20s and 30s daily. Sometimes 40s.

One of the times I checked it was 22*F and I hit 95 mph for a -5*F wind chill.

Since Christmas, I have a jacket with sleeves long enough (nearly an impossible find). Those numb wrists make everything else feel warm.

My Girbing's heated jacket liner and heated gloves make temps pretty much irrelevant.

Ok. A legitimate entry.

Riding through Santa Barbara today at 3:30am, it hit 28F @ 75mph.

Old index: -8

New index: 6

Never want to experience that again.

You were riding at this time, why? :wacko:

Guest Recalcitrance

You were riding at this time, why? :wacko:

Return home was pushed one day late due to vision issues. Had to stop and find a hotel to rest my eyes, then leave (very) early morning to get through LA and OC before traffic got bad. No telling when my vision would give out again. (LASIK results have been a PITA.)

• 2 weeks later...

80mph 15F=New Wind Chill Index -14.08F for most of the ride home, 110mph 15f=New Wind Chill Index -17.17F for bragging rights lol. I beat my old score of -13 from last year. my coworkers think im crazy

• Member Contributer

my coworkers think im crazy

No surprise there 'cause you are. As we who ride all are. That's why we are in this asylum. :fing02:

• 1 month later...

Archived