2014-15 Wind Chill Games

jekrumpe

So now I can understand why I was so freakin chilled. In early October this year, I took off from home headed to Bonners Ferry and then east on #2 to ride the Yahk River Rd in Montana. Was 26F on departure, and I hit 65MPH for a stretch until it near froze me...according to the chart.....4F. Thankfully it warmed up pretty nice by Bonners (3Mile) and the for the rest of the morning the temps rose steadily.

• Member Contributer

Here is my start for this years Games 22f at 74mph = -3 °F ( -19 °C )

Be sure to close your vents :woohoo:

New Formula

Old Wind Chill Index -17.6 F

New Wind Chill Index -3.04f

• Member Contributer

Last time we used NOAA windchill calculator: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/windchill/index.shtml

I went for a last ride Sun. 11/9; a big cold storm was coming next day. Coldest part of the ride: 75 mph @ 32 F.

NOAA: 12F

Online calculator (new): 11.59 F

Online calculator (old): -7.3 F

• Member Contributer

15* f in Cimarron, N.M. My weather station shows 20.3 *f. Got up to 43 mph ,light snow flurries. Two mile trip for cigs, that was enough for me. 4x4 needs work soon. David

• Member Contributer

Only 36F here in GA this morning, but I did ride when it was 32F last week (probably only hit 70 mph). Still really early for the southern states to be this cold!

100% and it sucks! This deal came a month early. F U Mr. Winter!

• Member Contributer

With the way the temperature map looks across most of N.A. right now, anyone that can avoid icy precip is going to have a good shot at competing.

650x366_11111609_hd23.jpg

• Member Contributer

Only 36F here in GA this morning, but I did ride when it was 32F last week (probably only hit 70 mph). Still really early for the southern states to be this cold!

100% and it sucks! This deal came a month early. F U Mr. Winter!

+1

75F @ 90MPH = the reason I left the East Coast permanently as soon as I could and love CA and its "winters".

Substitute Chicago for East Coast for me. Eff bombs for winter! :beer:

Guess I still have some catching up, well down, to some of you guys.

102 MPH @ 28°F = 3.3°F (new). (102 Indicated so more like 95 actual give or take but that only adds .5°F to windchill making it 3.8°F)

• Member Contributer

at 3 am in DC temp hit 21* and i blasted home to get out of the cold.. i hit 139 mph (gps)

= -10.17 on the new scale..

i was wearing 2 pairs of gloves,

some felt gloves inside thick WELDING gloves..

finger tips took a painful 23 min to to get back to normal.. :excl2: :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I can't compete with that but this is cold for a Florida boy. 40*f at 70 mph = 10.82 old 23.39 new. Jacksonville Florida this morning [12/9/14] on the way to work. On the way home 60*f at 70 mph = 40.18 old 51.63 new.

Guest Recalcitrance

It was 90 degrees on Thanksgiving here in Orange County. :biggrin: Temps took a nosedive after that into the mid-60's with rain. brrrrr...... Today 75.

I don't think we southern California members are allowed to play this reindeer game. :3:

It was 90 degrees on Thanksgiving here in Orange County. :biggrin: Temps took a nosedive after that into the mid-60's with rain. brrrrr...... Today 75.

I don't think we southern California members are allowed to play this reindeer game. :3:

Cue FZ>

The torture, the torture, the torture never stops. Ahhhhh! :goofy:

Just think of all the nubby nips you are missing .......

Archived