S100 Cleaner

PorradaVFR

• Member Contributer

I rarely wash my bikes - 99% of the time I use some Honda Polish / Motul Cleaner and heck have even tried the Pledge route with perfectly acceptable results. That said, I heard good things about the S100 cleaner and while the exterior of my bike was fine, the oil cooler / engine cases / undercarriage were all a bit grimy so I figured what the heck. I kicked in $15 for a bottle (I think it's a liter) and followed the rather simple instructions - spray on, wait briefly (don't let it dry!) then spray off.

Wow.

The crud came off with basically no elbow grease. The goop on the swingarm? Gone. The crud in the nooks and crannies by the rear shock mount? Spiffy clean. Honestly, in about 15-20 minutes (most of that spent drying her off with a chamois) the bike looked brand spanking new.

I'm quite happy with the results. :goofy::comp13:

Used the stuff for years, like it. Use in the shade during summer, as well as not letting it dry. I buy the big re-fill jug and pour into the small bottle for spraying ...

ACE

• Member Contributer

$1 store shampoo and a sponge.. go crazy and get a bucket and scrub brush and Arizona tea too!!

oh my god!! $5 .....

FIVE WHOLE DOLLARS!!! :happy:

that gets your bike CLEAN!! :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

$1 store shampoo and a sponge.. go crazy and get a bucket and scrub brush and Arizona tea too!!

oh my god!! $5 .....

FIVE WHOLE DOLLARS!!! :happy:

that gets your bike CLEAN!! :cheerleader:

Sure...but this stuff gets all the places I can't GET a sponge..at least not without contorting myself and with a few bleeding knuckles on the side. For that alone I'll kick in a few bucks.

My vfr has 110,000 miles and has never seen a waterhose, it has years of plaster and fried bug guts over it and dirt. I hear that Suzuki wash is very good, but If by chance I ever to hose it, what do you think I should use?

• Member Contributer

My vfr has 110,000 miles and has never seen a waterhose, it has years of plaster and fried bug guts over it and dirt. I hear that Suzuki wash is very good, but If by chance I ever to hose it, what do you think I should use?

Got me...as I noted I rarely wash my bikes but I'm quite happy with what I saw from S100 this week. I might kick up my pace and wash Dusty once a year from now on. :D

• Member Contributer

A Brillo pad comes to mind. :beer:

Got me...as I noted I rarely wash my bikes but I'm quite happy with what I saw from S100 this week. I might kick up my pace and wash Dusty once a year from now on. :D

Did you use a home water hose or the car wash? and is the s100 a squirt bottle or other

I really just want to clean the engine, like remove the side panes and run it up to the carwash.

Archived