Clutch Mc Fluid Loss

DFerrell

• Member Contributer

Has anyone had a slow leak from the clutch fluid? Haven't had it go dry but it does seem to drop. Haven't got around to checking the slave but perhaps next oil change.

Shifting seem so so like I get a little feed back from the shift lever.

Thought I might go ahead and bleed the system to see if that helps.

• Member Contributer

Bleeding isn't likely to cure the problem since it is probably a leaky slave cylinder seal. Might as well bite the bullet and replace the seals and be done with it. If you do it before it leaks too bad you may not have to repaint the slave cylinder. Brake fluid will eat the paint right off given just a short amount of time.

Not too unusual for shifting/clutch action to suffer as the leaky seal may be causing the clutch rod to suffering from some short stroking.

I think I'd fix that pronto. Because the next thing is the clutch lever has no resistance,

and it doesn't work at all. :comp13:

Maybe you can stomp it into first and get rolling without it,

but only if you have zero mechanical sympathy for your transmission. :wacko:

• Member Contributer

Theres also the seal for the push rod. I went ahead and got a new piston since it wasnt that much. Rather just use a new one than hope I got the old one smooth enough it does tear up the new seal.

I did smooth out the slave cylinder.

Id recommend fixing it asap. I got lucky and mine blew out when I was just taking off from a dead stop at my house.

I think I'd fix that pronto. Because the next thing is the clutch lever has no resistance,

and it doesn't work at all. :comp13:

Or, the next thing is that the clutch gives up the ghost because the slave piston isn't fully retracting and the clutch never fully engages.

• Member Contributer

Ordered the seal but went ahead and bled the system any way. Much improved now!

That and a chain adjustment really helped.

Archived