Rovari

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

So, we getting any "together" pics shortly? 16 this weekend!

I will get back at er this weekend..I'm anxious and ready to ride...the weather is here. Got the gas tank compounded today, polished the headlight / tail light and will be re-covering the seat, installing the fan for the R/R, installing the battery and starting the bike tomorrow...then checking the compression, charging system, fuel, oil leaks etc.... :beer:

post-31404-0-69191600-1429321529.jpg

post-31404-0-06041100-1429321536.jpg

post-31404-0-36461100-1429321552.jpg

post-31404-0-79411700-1429321666.jpg

post-31404-0-29577800-1429321857.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

This bike is awesome!! Finally got her finished and all I can say is wow...What a nice ride...the power is awesome..front wheel wants to come off the ground...definitely no problems with the compression. The ride is so comfortable and the bike is very well balanced. I will have a hard time letting it go.

post-31404-0-02147800-1430948443.jpg

post-31404-0-44918300-1430948464.jpg

post-31404-0-64038600-1430948485.jpg

• Member Contributer

Beautiful! I'm loving my 99 too now that it's running again. Great work!

• Member Contributer

Very Much So Rovari. Excellent JOB adn well done. Now you just have to spend many an hour enjoying the fruits of your labor...............hmmmmmmmm.................ENJOYING a VFR,...................None of us here would find that possible...LOL

ENJOY!!! Oh and the tank on my bike needs a few paint chips fixed, so I was wondering........................ :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Very nice job indeed!!! I was going to post something last weekend to see where you were at. Glad you were out testing! I just sold my 6th on Tuesday ... :).

TBH I'm not a lover of VFR red, BUT, what a read and what a job. :beer:

Brilliant my friend :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Beautiful! I'm loving my 99 too now that it's running again. Great work!

Thank you SCguy..

Bravo bravo!!! :cheerleader: You do good work and should be very proud to show her off! :fing02:

Thank you Marantz Maniac...getting allot of looks today :cheerleader:

Very Much So Rovari. Excellent JOB adn well done. Now you just have to spend many an hour enjoying the fruits of your labor...............hmmmmmmmm.................ENJOYING a VFR,...................None of us here would find that possible...LOL

ENJOY!!! Oh and the tank on my bike needs a few paint chips fixed, so I was wondering........................ :biggrin:

Thanks zoom zoom, it's comments like yours that help keep the project going... if you don't mind paying for a flight to BC I'd be happy to fix your chips for free! :beer:

Very nice job indeed!!! I was going to post something last weekend to see where you were at. Glad you were out testing! I just sold my 6th on Tuesday ... :).

Thank you B4V4...without finding your ad and without you taking the initial steps to get this bike going...I wouldn't be here. Thanks for the opportunity to bring a VFR back to life and my lost passion to ride back in full spirit.....Cheers....and now you have sold your VFR? Go figure..

TBH I'm not a lover of VFR red, BUT, what a read and what a job. :beer:

Brilliant my friend :biggrin:

Thank you Snowdog appreciate your comments! :beer:

I was so anxious to ride again today I stuck a 17" laptop and day timer in my jacket (no back pack yet) and drove it to the office, a little square chested but I made it :cool:

This site and it's members have been a great help for advice and drive to finish this project...Thanks to all of you for your comments, advice and encouragement.....much appreciated!! Happy VFRing !! :wheel:

• Member Contributer

"Thank you B4V4...without finding your ad and without you taking the initial steps to get this bike going...I wouldn't be here. Thanks for the opportunity to bring a VFR back to life and my lost passion to ride back in full spirit.....Cheers....and now you have sold your VFR? Go figure.."

... not for long. I'm now on another quest :).

• Member Contributer

Well, looks like I may be selling mine sooner than later. My wife doesn't like it when I'm riding the bike, gets worried.... :wacko:

• Member Contributer

You started this build 8 months ago and it took her this amount of time to express her feelings on this??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Stay away from alcohol, bacon and stripper bars next....

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

You started this build 8 months ago and it took her this amount of time to express her feelings on this??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Stay away from alcohol, bacon and stripper bars next....

lol Dutchy..sorry for the gap in replying..I am already on to another massive project..

I think things just became more real when the bike was finished and it didn't help when she seen a motorcycle fail compilation on you tube. (mostly foolish people doing foolish things)

I have had the bike out and still have some final touches to complete..if it comes to selling it won't be until next season :beer: .

The "new from China" brake / clutch master cylinder and lever set I bought on Ebay failed...the clutch piston seal at the lever leaked anytime it was engaged. I ordered another set and installed them last week..all good. Some water sanding and polish then decals and this project will be complete. (for now..lol).

• 1 month later...

Really nice work. Has inspired me to (possibly) go a similar route: purchase a bike in need of a LOT of freshening up, then turn it back into a superstar. For a long time I have wanted to do a frame-off resto on a '71 Corvette, but had never thought about going a similar route with a bike. Thanks for showing the way!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Really nice work. Has inspired me to (possibly) go a similar route: purchase a bike in need of a LOT of freshening up, then turn it back into a superstar. For a long time I have wanted to do a frame-off resto on a '71 Corvette, but had never thought about going a similar route with a bike. Thanks for showing the way!

Thank you aks801. Good luck with your project...the convenience of restoring a bike is that you don't need as much room and you can trailer it yourself if needed....take your time and enjoy!

Archived