Drag Runs With No Can

CHUCK2

• Member Contributer

Can taking short(100') drag racing runs without a can hurt anything? I love the sound of it that way!

It should be fine. I drove 120 miles with out mufflers on while they were getting welded back together. If you ran without a header on that is a different story as the cool air would flow back into the exhaust valves which is bad.

• Member Contributer

Thanks, kirtovfr. One thing I was concerned about was fouling the plugs the way my old GS550 would when taken for long rides without it.

Damn. I wish I would have done that prior to the season ending. :sad2:

Why did you need to have yours welded back together?

I cut the ends off my vtec cans and gutted them. I dropped them off to a guy to have the ends tig welded back on. My car was having issues at the same time, so the bike was my only transportation to get to work. I just stuck to the back roads. It was fun. You probably will have flames coming out especially with your catless pipe so look out for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you happen to notice difficulty in revving the engine off of idle with the header off? I had mine off once and it sounded great, but it didn't exactly rev up off idle correctly.

• Member Contributer

We are talking about removing just the can not the headers.

• Member Contributer

Can taking short(100') drag racing runs without a can hurt anything?

Your ears and the good relationship with your neighbors..... :cool:

Archived