The Official 2015 Sumsum <3 Page

didit

• Member Contributer

Should have been on the road by now, maybe cooling off in Oregon in creek or lake, but my old VF is giving me grief. Was really hoping to take it on another long run. I had fabulous time with zero problems in 2012. Seems to have trouble starting and its really my fault for not having tested everything better two months ago. Checked charging (wired RR direct), spark plugs (correct gap), synced carbs, battery at 12.6V.

Doesn't restart easily when warmed up. Maybe pilot screws? I'm at wit's end.

Really was hoping for that cool beer upon arrival with all you! Will y'all hate me for taking my other non-V4 Honda bike? (if I manage to cobble some luggage for it) Not sure what to do, and time is in short supply.

Please come no matter what you ride (or even drive, for that matter)! We'll be looking forward to seeing you there.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Sparrow if you are needing a kickstart run out to langley and trailer to Orofino then its just 4 days riding OUR route to montose :)

• Member Contributer

Sitting in Omaha Ne right now should arrive on Sunday night sometime.

• Member Contributer

Sparrow if you are needing a kickstart run out to langley and trailer to Orofino then its just 4 days riding OUR route to montose :)

Thanks so much Axel_7, but I decided to throw in the towel with the old VF, and cobbled some racks and luggage for my new RS this night. I should be good now, and might actually be able to keep up to all you at the high elevations! ;)

• Member Contributer

Should have been on the road by now, maybe cooling off in Oregon in creek or lake, but my old VF is giving me grief. Was really hoping to take it on another long run. I had fabulous time with zero problems in 2012. Seems to have trouble starting and its really my fault for not having tested everything better two months ago. Checked charging (wired RR direct), spark plugs (correct gap), synced carbs, battery at 12.6V.

Really was hoping for that cool beer upon arrival with all you! Will y'all hate me for taking my other non-V4 Honda bike? (if I manage to cobble some luggage for it) Not sure what to do, and time is in short supply.

It's more about you than your ride, so get there if you can. I know how much, trouble on the road is.

Craig & I just hit St Marie's ID for lunch on route to McCall for the night. Roads have been great especially the 97 S of Coure d'elene.

For those interested, we're using a free app called Viber to communicate. Works free on WiFi with text, calls & video. Will check in tonight from McCall.

• Member Contributer

It's more about you than your ride, so get there if you can. I know how much, trouble on the road is.

Craig & I just hit St Marie's ID for lunch on route to McCall for the night. Roads have been great especially the 97 S of Coure d'elene.

For those interested, we're using a free app called Viber to communicate. Works free on WiFi with text, calls & video. Will check in tonight from McCall.

Tony,

I just PM'd you about the museum.

• Member Contributer

Thanks so much Axel_7, but I decided to throw in the towel with the old VF, and cobbled some racks and luggage for my new RS this night. I should be good now, and might actually be able to keep up to all you at the high elevations! ;)

Glad to hear it! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

When I was at 4 Corners, I thought "if someone told me they wanted to see what the middle of nowhere looks like, I would send them here!" It is very remote. Very cool to be able to stand in 4 states at 1 time! There is an admission - IIRC it was about $5.

Safe travels!

• Member Contributer

I am in Mccook Ne right now Silverthorn tomorrow and then Montrose . See y'all soon .

• Member Contributer

In Panguitch, UT to tour Bryce Canyon tomorrow then to Moab to see Arches National Park on Monday. Arriving Montrose on Tuesday.

Kevin

Lots of great roads ahead of you - have a great ride!

• Member Contributer

So bummed I'm not out there riding with my VFRD friends :(

Have a good ride! stay safe!

• Member Contributer

Just arrived in Montrose. 427 miles today. Tmrw, was bikes & clothes then start the shopping for pending arrives. Ride safe everyone, see you soon!

Jeff, you should see my chain.

• Member Contributer

Sitting at twin lakes eating dinner right now. They have a nice bed and breakfast here. We will stay the night here and hit Pikes peak early then back to Montrose. See you guys tomorrow afternoon.

• Member Contributer

The weather forecast looks great this week in CO. That's great news!

You guys have a great and safe event. Wish I was there.

Mark

• Member Contributer

The weather forecast looks great this week in CO. That's great news!

You guys have a great and safe event. Wish I was there.

Mark

From 100+ Oklahoma heat, this morning temperature is 42 degrees. Omg, my under armor just isn't cutting it right now lol. Twin lakes is approximately 9400 feet so I'm sure Pikes peak will be even cooler. Glad it is about 1 1/2 hours to get there from here.

• Member Contributer

Packing today and looking for the soft bags and straps I use every three years lol. Taking the east route from Albuquerque thru Santa Fe, Monte Vista, and Gunnison to Montrose. Be safe and sane.

See you tomorrow!

Zia

• Member Contributer

Hope the ride goes well Paul, see you tmrw.

Just stocked up on the n/a bevies.

Treats for Cogswell!

• Member Contributer

What an incredible event! Thanks to all those who made the journey, making for a fantastic bunch of people to be around & ride with.

The sponsors (Horsefly Brewing, Highland Cycle, Electric Avenues) were so generous, especially Phil for donating all the beer. The Red Arrow Inn treated us royally, posting our VFRD on the reado board, the posters behind the counter and surprise gift draw.

Incredible weather, clean roads, stunning car museum - but most of all, the outstanding attendees!

Thank you to everyone, special shout out to Joe (happy retirement), Mike, Larry, Fred, Earnest, Bill & Terry for leading & sweeping.

Craig & I hit Cottonwood AZ at 6 last night after 460 miles, heading to Barstow CA today.

post-6587-0-59403000-1440250632.jpg

• Member Contributer

Home safe and sound. Already missing the mountains and cooler weather. Thanks to Tony, the sponsors and all the great VFRD members who attended to make it a fantastic week. Can't wait for the next one.

• Member Contributer

Home safe &sound Thanks to Gary S. for leading the way up and back.

I did not think it possible, But I feel Tony out-did himself from last year. He set himself a high bar for Summer Meet 2018 (hint)

e

Archived