The Official 2015 Sumsum <3 Page

didit

• Member Contributer

Thanks! I got real excited today when I noticed the date change. I have a better chance of attending but it's too early for me to know for sure.

The thought of riding in the Rockies Mountains is exciting. I have skied, hiked, and hunted elk in Colorado. I'd love to pull this off....we'll see.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Or is it Vuja De? Regardless, I'M IN !!!!!!! Ready to leave today.

Vuja de....the sensation of never having experienced this before?

Guest Recalcitrance

Vuja de...the feeling that you've forgotten this before.

I'm still waiting for my academy to release the provisional 2015 summer program calendar. Fingers crossed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Just watched a good CBC item on marijuana legalization in Colorado. Got me thinking ... maybe we should incorporate a marijuana leaf into the 2015 logo and get a marijuana 'retailer' to sponsor the meet. Might make for some interesting prizes ... :goofy: Things have changed in Colorado since SumSum2!

• Member Contributer

203 Days remaining until . . . .

I better get that registration page finished. Just finalizing the logo.

Been working on sponsor and swag items, plus a few new surprises.

Tick Tock, better check the clock,

Vroom Vroom, have you booked your room,

Cheer Cheer, be ready to drink some beer,

Yum Yum, soon come the Sum Sum!!!

• Member Contributer

Just watched a good CBC item on marijuana legalization in Colorado. Got me thinking ... maybe we should incorporate a marijuana leaf into the 2015 logo and get a marijuana 'retailer' to sponsor the meet. Might make for some interesting prizes ... :goofy: Things have changed in Colorado since SumSum2!

Of course it's the guy from BC suggesting this! :goofy:

It will be fun to see if the long distance attendance numbers are up this year. You folks need to be real careful headin home. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Touché! I always thought it would be us who legalized it before Colorado and Washington state. With the price of oil heading south, maybe Alberta will be next. :wink: Here's the CBC piece.

• Member Contributer

Touché! I always thought it would be us who legalized it before Colorado and Washington state. With the price of oil heading south, maybe Alberta will be next. :wink: Here's the CBC piece.

Oregon joined the party in November. So now in the U.S. it's legal for general use (that is, non-medical) in CO, WA, AK and OR.

• Member Contributer

Getting ready to open the registration page.

First and loud call to anyone knowing anyone who would want to get into sponsoring?

Looking for swag bag items, product/ service/ prize donations for exposure to our members, etc.

Finalizing the itinerary, meals, inclusions and logo design. Working on a new & improved shirt(s) option.

Thanks for everyone patience and again, if you or anyone you know would be interested in prize donations, PM works well.

I just registered at the Red Arrow Inn so now I can start counting down the months, weeks, days, hours . . . Tony, thanks for handling this again and be sure to let us know what route you guys are taking from BC and Alberta. I'm thinking of heading down through California then head east. Not sure yet.

I just registered at the Red Arrow Inn so now I can start counting down the months, weeks, days, hours . . . Tony, thanks for handling this again and be sure to let us know what route you guys are taking from BC and Alberta. I'm thinking of heading down through California then head east. Not sure yet.

See you there Lee!

• Member Contributer

Tony, do you have a rough schedule drafted up yet?

Arrive Monday evening the 17th in Montrose?

Leave Friday the 21st for home?

What are the plans, arrive Monday or Tuesday? Depart Friday or Saturday? Getting ready to book!

• Member Contributer

Tentative:

Arrivals on Tuesday.

Area riding Wed & Thurs.

Windup dinner Thurs night.

Departures Fri (or Sat for those with shorter distances and harsher hangovers)

Jim (Bizbat) and I are talking about riding down through part of California then east to event, any Canuck bros want to go that way?

• Member Contributer

You'll have a blast. When it gets a little closer I'll touch base and give you the route(s) we hit after SumSum 1 and the infamous I190.

The road that made Jeff tired!

We'll be B-Lining it straight there, over 4-5 days. Then a leisurely 8 day ride home.

A little tight for time this year as business is yet again growing. But still making time for this.

On the second round of proofing for the meet logo. It's coming along nicely.

• Member Contributer

Room is booked. Looks like we will be arriving late Saturday night and leaving early Saturday morning. Arriving early to knock a few states off the map while we are out there. Looking forward to this with much anticipation. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

I recall travelling out of Ft Worth Texas last year. You've got some flatness to cover.

Looking forward to meeting you there, as we should arrive either Sunday night or more likely Mon morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tony, how many more hours till we leave?

I was also wondering if you've ever looked at the way Kevin organizes events. Here is the link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/12th-annual-texasmac-memorial-ride-2015-vfrdiscussion-tickets-15643795012

I think I will use it the next time. I'm not sure you've tried it but it makes sense.

Archived