8Th Gen Tail Tidy

budorat

On 9/27/2014 at 9:19 AM, budorat said:

Has anyone found a fender eliminator / tail tidy for the 8th gen yet ? I have been search online for a little while now with no success. I am interested in what other 8th gen owners may have found.

Here's the mod I done to mine today. I couldn't find a suitable aftermarket one as well. 

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had NZCAM's excellent tail tidy on my bike for nearly three years now and it's absolutely fine except for the reflective tape with the cool VFR logo. The rain had finally got in there, the red background had discoloured and the tape was lifting at the ends. Ridiculously, the annual MoT test in the UK still requires a red reflector even with 60+ square inches of reflective number plate so regrettably it had to go. I was lucky to find on the net a 1cm by 10cm reflector which just goes in the gap nicely without having to adjust the plate position and doesn't overlap at the ends too much. Looks OK, I think.

2018-10 07 New reflector_1.JPG

• 1 month later...

I went with the Competition Werkes fender minimizer for the 7th Gen, as well. It works great with minimal modification.

The first thing, the top tab that goes between the LP light and the tail left a gap. The bolt heads on the LP light prevent the LP light from sitting flush with the tab, and the tab is just a smidge further out from the tail. I solved this problem by cutting thin pieces of closed cell foam and filling the gaps, just to keep the dust out. Im sure it’s perfectly fine to have not fill the gaps, no one will ever see it anyways. 

I re-used the OEM side reflectors as the bolts for the side, REFLECTORS ARE FOR SAFETY. 

The second modification would be it removed and didn’t leave a space for the rear reflector, REFLECTORS ARE FOR SAFETY.

I had plans to add extra brake and turn lights, so I incorporated reflective tape into the mounting bracket for the extra lights. 

Some pics of the finished product. 

2FFBB0CB-E7CE-409E-9838-358C11EA6D96.jpeg

914298E1-38B0-41DB-99A7-45FA7561F13D.jpeg

8D74F5AD-E23F-45BC-8087-BE3035CE0D8E.jpeg

8759FED2-05E5-4E51-8EDC-A8B1543AFF8F.jpeg

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Wdenison said:

Is anyone making these again? If so id love to order one. The stock thing is ugly and bulky

My friend and I are still manufacturing these.  Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tail-Tidy-Fender-Eliminator-for-2014-2015-Honda-VFR800-Interceptor/273236668302

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, I've gotten several messages lately so I wanted to post an update here.  I've been out of town the past couple weeks on business travel, and Mark recently moved.  We ARE still producing and selling our 3D-printed tail tidies.  I let our eBay quantity drop to zero so there were no purchase/shipment delays while we were out.

Give us a couple days to get back on track!  I'll post when we're back up and running.  Thanks all for your support!!

-Kyle

Archived