8Th Gen Tail Tidy

budorat

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
On 7/24/2017 at 2:07 AM, NZCam said:

Some boring statistics... it was a slow Monday.

There are still 9 tail-tidies available from the final ever production run. Across all three runs, here is the breakdown of units sent by country.

USA: 37

Australia: 18

Canada: 11

England: 6

France: 2
Sweden: 2

Italy: 1

New Zealand: 1

Norway: 1

Scotland: 1

Taiwan: 1

Wales: 1

Very interesting - thanks for sharing that data.  If my math is correct, 45.1% of the tidies went to the USA.  I wonder if that roughly corresponds to overall sales of the 8th gen as well?   Do you happen to have the breakdown for tidies by state for the USA?

45 minutes ago, GatorGreg said:

Very interesting - thanks for sharing that data.  If my math is correct, 45.1% of the tidies went to the USA.  I wonder if that roughly corresponds to overall sales of the 8th gen as well?   Do you happen to have the breakdown for tidies by state for the USA?

Overall sales, probably not - the anecdotal trend I noticed is that tail-tidies tend to be popular where there are smaller number plates to begin with. Our poor cousins stuck with Euro-style airbrakes are under-represented when compared with VFR popularity.

I didn't keep delivery addresses after each production run completed, so only the latest run still has the US state information.

• Member Contributer
39 minutes ago, NZCam said:

Overall sales, probably not - the anecdotal trend I noticed is that tail-tidies tend to be popular where there are smaller number plates to begin with. Our poor cousins stuck with Euro-style airbrakes are under-represented when compared with VFR popularity.

I didn't keep delivery addresses after each production run completed, so only the latest run still has the US state information.

Haha - yeah I was thinking some of those Euro plates looked big enough to affect their top speed :tongue:

I just remembered we have a members map on the forum:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/membermap/

Obviously not a scientific representation of sales (probably overrepresents English speaking countries) but still interesting to look at.  I was surprised to see that Florida has as many members as Australia and England - I hardly ever see a VFR on the road here.

• 1 month later...

Production Run #3 is sold out.

Although my powder-coating & welding contact has retired, I may do one more run but it will require a larger waiting list, and the tidies will cost more (due to the commercial rather than mates-rates cost of a professional metal finish). If you're keen and don't mind waiting, please email me at nz.cam@hotmail.com and let me know that you'd like to be added to the waiting list. This is not a commitment to purchase;- once there are at least 24 people interested, I'll email everyone and confirm participation and cost.

Cheers - Cam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 14/10/2017 at 3:42 PM, Shwat said:

I (finally) got around to f itting this. Sorry for the delay Cam!

The before:

IMG_20171014_124130.thumb.jpg.3eb41232fa45f03974e371fbbe915a21.jpg

The after:

IMG_20171014_133501.thumb.jpg.8ad7682b7dcbe3d7fc62879d84e871be.jpg

Only a small change, but I like it :)

And french people complain about the size of their plate. Ahaha. In UK that's worse !

Screenshot_20180106-230808.png

Hey weee06 and Killerkingdon,

My partner and I are manufacturing 3D printed tail tidies and are ready to ship in the US via USPS 2-day priority.  The cost is just $70 flat via PayPal.  Send me an email at < motoprints3D@gmail.com > with your name, address, and phone number.  If you want to hang tight, I may be putting these on eBay, too, for easier transactions!  Hit me up if you have any questions!

1-Comparison.JPG

2-tidy.JPG

3-tidy.JPG

On 06/01/2018 at 7:58 PM, weee06 said:

So are these gone? 

On 07/01/2018 at 12:34 PM, Killerkingdon said:

Noob here....  Wanting one as well?  Southern US shipping...

Cam's tidy tail is fantastic, I would buy one again in a heartbeat! Installation was quick, simple and the fit was spot on. Made with high quality metal and the powder coating is top notch! Definitely get yourself one of Cam's tidy tails before there gone!

14 hours ago, Killerkingdon said:

Got my tail tidy in the mail today from Torquenut - super happy with it...  Will post a video shortly.

3 hours ago, Killerkingdon said:

Finished mine last night - super happy with the results!!

https://youtu.be/OhoZtt9GQvk

Killerkingdon, thanks so very much for the positive reviews!  Mark and myself (Kyle) have put a lot of time and effort into the design and quality of these tail tidies; it's important to us that you're satisfied with the results.  Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

After looking at what was on the market now, I went back to the 1st post on this thread 4 years ago and decided to give  the Competition Werkes VFR1200 Fender Eliminator a try. I ended up taking the middle  license plate light plastic spacer and mounting bracket off, then filling down the plastic bottom ridge where the light housing goes . You have to unplug the license plate light connection then put it back through everything and plug it in again.....no big deal. Everything fits back perfectly with no modifications though if you have a thick license plate frame it would not fit,so I left mine off. Also the reflector goes by....you could stick one on somewhere back there if you have to. I did paint mine with black "plastic dip " spray paint to match the area around as it is bare aluminum from Comp Werkes. It looks great on the bike and like the Comp Werkes Exhaust it's fit and design are #1. I like that you can't see the back of the license plate... to me it has a more clean and finished look to it now .

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2014 at 10:10 AM, chief47 said:

Two Dollar Tail Tidy

The blue thing is a stud mount electrical box from True Value Hardware. Cut, painted & drilled as appropriate, it fits snugly without hardware, which I now have to get from the hardware store. Nuts, bolts flat & lock washers should do the trick.

Lighting not affected, & I may use the side reflectors as part of the final mount.

post-31389-0-02153500-1414688539.jpg

post-31389-0-52320800-1414688554.jpg

post-31389-0-78369800-1414688569.jpg

post-31389-0-08898100-1414688595.jpg

post-31389-0-57206900-1414688625.jpg

post-31389-0-29652800-1414688646.jpg

post-31389-0-20972400-1414688664.jpg

Did the box fit where the previous fender housing is?

On 6/21/2017 at 6:56 PM, NZCam said:

Thanks for sharing your experience Greg, and for the feedback. To everyone who's tail-tidy was posted in the week starting June 12th (and whom I've not heard back from), I've sent out an email to check whether yours arrived safely or not. Please check your email and get back to me;- Your satisfaction is important!

Hey Cam, just about a year out from original install and wanted to say thanks again for setting this up. Awesome product and workmanship, nice doing business with you. 

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, nomoresumo said:

Hey Cam, just about a year out from original install and wanted to say thanks again for setting this up. Awesome product and workmanship, nice doing business with you. 

Ditto that - Fantastic product, thanks Cam.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived