8Th Gen Tail Tidy

budorat

9 hours ago, Shwat said:

Hi guys. Am I too late to jump on the tail tidy bandwagon? :)

Send me a private message with your email address, and I'll add you to the waiting list. It's getting close to the minimum viable order size, so signs are looking positive for a third production run.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2015 at 3:15 AM, NZCam said:

That's not a number-plate, that's an air-brake.

Which is why a lot of UK riders risk of fines, et'c to run smaller plates. I used a woodworking plane and trimmed mine down to the smallest possible area that can still house the legal sized lettering.

I haven't been stopped yet but if I do... "it was like that when I bought it guv' honest !"

On 07/04/2017 at 3:06 PM, Woodie said:

Which is why a lot of UK riders risk of fines, et'c to run smaller plates. I used a woodworking plane and trimmed mine down to the smallest possible area that can still house the legal sized lettering.

I haven't been stopped yet but if I do... "it was like that when I bought it guv' honest !"

I've done exactly the same. Though most people think the standard manufacturer's blank of 9" by 7" is the 'legal' requirement, there's actually nothing in the regs about the size of the plate itself. If the letters and numbers are on two lines, the legal character size with the correct spacing and margin, your plate's legal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2015 at 4:06 PM, NZCam said:

Work is sending me to Calgary, AB next week at short notice for 3 weeks. I'm going to take 4 of the remaining tail-tidies with me (thankfully they pack away nicely). If you want to snap one of those up for whatever the postage cost is from Calgary, jump in. First-come, first-served.

Are you still making these NZCam? If so any available?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Katastrophe18 said:

Is this still a thing?  How close are we to production?

EDIT:  Basically, I'm saying I'll buy one if they're available...     :)

Yes, Production Run 3 is happening now. Estimating 6 weeks until they're ready for delivery (it's a small batch, so things like welding and powder-coating are being done at mates rates, but that then means I have to wait for the mate to slot it in with larger commercial runs).

Drop me an email with your delivery address if you would like to reserve one of the tail-tidies once they're ready to be sent. Payment (via PayPal invoice) will only be asked for once they're good to go.

Cheers - Cam (nz.cam@hotmail.com)

13 hours ago, NZCam said:

Yes, Production Run 3 is happening now. Estimating 6 weeks until they're ready for delivery (it's a small batch, so things like welding and powder-coating are being done at mates rates, but that then means I have to wait for the mate to slot it in with larger commercial runs).

Drop me an email with your delivery address if you would like to reserve one of the tail-tidies once they're ready to be sent. Payment (via PayPal invoice) will only be asked for once they're good to go.

Will do, thanks!

On 2016-10-12 at 1:56 AM, NZCam said:

Update: The 2nd Production Run has sold out, and feedback from the both runs has been universally positive.

If you're keen to be a part of a possible future third production run, please add your name to the list, and also send me a private inbox message with your email address (so that I can reach out to you if/when we reach the minimum viable order size of 12 units). Payment (AUD $70 + postage) will only be asked for once articles from a third run are ready to be sent.

Interested: (11 so far - as of April 13, 2017)

• David (Swe)
  • Eric
  • PeterMI (USA)
  • Corrugated (Can)
  • SubjectArc
  • vfracer750 (CA)
  • GatorGreg (FL)
  • Check6 (CO)
  • robmeister1969 (UK)
  • Tredmkv (IL)
  • blacknthebeanstalk (FL)

Hi Cam,

I'm interested as well, please add me to the list.

Thanks, bww77 (Canada)

Some good news - The parts have been picked up from the laser-cutters, and Saturday I did all the edge-filing, riveting, and tolerance testing. The assembled tidies are now with my contact who does the spot-welds and powder-coating, so fingers crossed he can slot them in with another order's run of satin-black finishing (to keep the cost as low as possible), and get them back to me within a week or two.

5917a693c2997_TidiesProd3.thumb.jpg.7eefa4a48bdeef49813f43887a603e31.jpg

Once that's done, I'll send out the PayPal invoices to everyone that's PM'd me with their email and shipping addresses, to let you know that your reserved tail-tidy is ready to send. In the mean-time, please also consult the online How-To fitting guide in the forum. A copy will be sent with your tail-tidy, but it's a good idea to check your factory mounting and look for signs that Loctite was used BEFORE your accidentally warp the plastic guide and make things harder for yourself!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Update: Production Run #3 is ready to send! I'm firing off PayPal Invoices to everyone who's provided details now. If you want to snap up yours, and you haven't already contacted me to confirm your place on the list, now is the time.

• Member Contributer
On 6/1/2017 at 2:08 AM, NZCam said:

Latest Update: Production Run #3 is ready to send! I'm firing off PayPal Invoices to everyone who's provided details now. If you want to snap up yours, and you haven't already contacted me to confirm your place on the list, now is the time.

I just paid - with the current exchange rate the 90.85 AUD worked out to $69.38 in US dollars INCLUDING shipping from the other side of the planet - great deal IMO!  I can't wait to get it on my bike!  Thanks again for creating these for us NZ - you da man!!!

11 hours ago, NZCam said:

Monday morning mail-run is away. Thank you to everyone who has sent through prompt payment, your package is on its' way.

US: 10

Canada: 2

UK: 1

Sweden: 1

Unpaid orders: 6
Available tidies: 14

Thank You for doing this.

On 2017-6-4 at 11:46 PM, NZCam said:

Monday morning mail-run is away. Thank you to everyone who has sent through prompt payment, your package is on its' way.

US: 10

Canada: 2

UK: 1

Sweden: 1

Unpaid orders: 6
Available tidies: 14

Can't wait for this to arrive! Thanks again Cam. Cheers

I received my tail tidy this morning for my 8th gen DLX in California.  All I can say is- I am extremely impressed with the quality workmanship and I love the reflective sticker at the top-nice touch!  If  you haven't bought this product from NZ or are thinking about it, don't wait you won't regret your purchase!!!!!!  I am not affiliated in any way with Nz cam or his business.  I just love his product and what he's put together.    Pictures coming soon!

On 11/06/2017 at 5:41 AM, Shwat said:

Mine arrived this morning. Looks great, thanks! :)

Let me know as these goodies progressively arrive, folks. I'm always thrilled to see photos of bikes with them fitted!

Cheers - Cam

15 hours ago, NZCam said:

Let me know as these goodies progressively arrive, folks. I'm always thrilled to see photos of bikes with them fitted!

Cheers - Cam

I'll get some pictures when I've got it all fitted. Probably this weekend :)

Archived