Rc45 Turbo Rc46 Turbo

Guest wargen

• Member Contributer

Wow... great opening post!!!

Welcome... I can't wait to hear more

Maybe the best opening post of all time - easily a top 10!

There's also all the other mods (which look to be too many to count) . . . we need to see this bike with its clothes off!

• Member Contributer

Apart from the obvious front end, suspension, electrics and rear sub-frame, what else have you changed?

• Member Contributer

No i have no plans to offering kit…. sorry

I will post more picture and video later

I think that's wise. A member here (Dan) created a of a supercharger kit for the VFR800s (both 5th and 6th gen) and some people were saying that they'd buy two if he ever started production. He did, and guess what, few people bought one. Granted it was a considerable sum that he was asking for, but I think that kit was easily worth that money. I was one of his customers and it really was a great creation. However I had some problems eminating from my bike (not the kit) and I gave up after a while and sold the bike and the kit seperately.

I'm always left in awe after I see talented and knowledgable people create stuff like this. Looking forward to seeing more of your work...

Hi, good thinking, there is hour and hour to figur out ingnition map, and hours to make a exhaust system so i took me 2 year of everyday work ok some day only 1 hour and some day 14 hours. If i make one more bying a frame for RV45 is not everyday shoping, you could use vfr chassi bits but count about 6 month work for me. No one will pay that( i think)

So you have another missile for NORAD to track.....NICE!!!

Do you have an intercooler loop in your design? and is there circuitry in the EC you are using to accommodate and control nitrous oxide as in one nozzle in the intake plenum or multiples

And a suggestion for extending your turbo chargers life ( a lesson I learned in owning 2 hi perf turbo cars) ..install a post engine shut off lube system...even though your crank isn't turning, the turbo can still be spinning at 10k rpm at shut down...without pressurized oil to lube it.

here is just one of many available kits .non specific for m'cycles.

http://www.autoenginelube.com/prepostlubekit.html

Good luck with your very advanced development ..

Ok god question, here is some bakground, i dont want to change te geometrics in orgininal RC45 i can drive it in my sleep, but when power output become higher and higher during new parts in engine for example the double injection ( talking race kit only) the swing was 2cm longer (also HRC kit) to handle more power. And that is exacly the lengt of 2002- vfr, but the orginalRC45 is same length as 1998-2001, so i decided to go for 2002- to handle more power output, so its 2001 engine 2004 swing and 2005ABS controler, frame is RC45 posting more pics later on, the first engine was 2004 vfr but that was dubble work to make mapping when no vtec or vtec on, so i decided to make powertest with that engine and piston breakdown at aprox 330 hp but maybe my fault do to to smal fuelpump it was rated 350hp but anyway it cracked, oil pump is god idea i do have an electric waterpump for circulate cooling water after poweroff

Yes i do have room and plan for intercooler but i do log intake air and i is like 50 degres most and i newer drive more than 0,6 bar now and traction control takes down bost dynamicly depending on condition from readings from Abs rings, yes there is ready in ec for nitrius

http://youtu.be/G0H0SKXhglE

Here is some live data during driving and max bost is about .3 bar and traction works fine first part giving full trottle 1gear

http://youtu.be/EAfosVhMsbs

And here is a link to see when testing out the serve foregulating wing in turbo to reduce power when pressure go upp

I was deep into methanol early in project but engine works so perfect ether luck or wery good EC( MSIII)so no need for that when i go around ,6 bar no pre detonation lots of power, it just runs wery smoth, Im situated in Sweden smal town Visby on island Gotland, the best is that its road legal and dry weight is 165kg design goal was 150 but imposssible with turbo and ABS pump.

http://youtu.be/uOtGVc9yXbY

And here is a another cool stuff, an electronic display (bluetoth) but i like the original instrument more but this i first test with it so i forgot to change rpm display (to low).

• Member Contributer

A very sweet project. If you intercool then use a water/air cooler with separate radiator electric pump.

I'd love to see some pics of the turbo exhaust & boost pipe plumbing.

Do you have any idea on the weight difference between the rc45 swingarm and the VTEC swing arm?

Ask Larry he scored an RC45 race one for Mr RC45 I believe. So I hope he has weights for standard (close to 5th gen) and the race unit.

• Member Contributer

i may have to make a trip to sweden just to see this bike lol

My thoughts too!!!

There's a NR replica being built in Denmark

There's a NR replica being built in Sweden

And now a Turbo RC45 in Sweden!!!

swedish-girls22919559-f899-42a7-a051-298

And price is x100

And HRC MkII kit swing with titan HRC hub brake etc is extreme difficult to source

And 3 version ( not singel arm ) is impossible i think never seen any for sale