Rapidbike Evo And Racing Related Questions !

RapidBikeUSA

Hi Guys,

I have just joined the forum , we are Cycle Pro - RapidBike USA distributor (One and only ) our web site is www.rapidbike.us and my goal here is not to promote a product but rather answer questions that are related to RapidBike Racing and Evo modules along with accesories and RapidBike Master software, since 17 of you had purchased the wiring harnesses that should be shipping from Italy on or before Sept. 26th. And I am sure that a lot of you will have some questions and this is the place to spread the information and such...

Thank you.

Y.T.

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
Hi Y.T.,

Thanks for the price break on the MyTuningBike module. If I go that route how would I get the discount applied on the website or do I order it through you?

FYI - I have two 5th gen VFR800s... one street and one street/track project. Both of these bikes are NOT listed as being compatible (non-VTEC) with the RapidBike Race VFR800 project. The PowerCommander 5 does not list their unit as working with my generation VFR, but we in the VFR community know that the VTEC version PC5 does work... I'm hoping to figure out any differences and make the RapidBike Race VTEC work with my gear driven cams engine so I'm kind one of a the Guinea pigs for all the 5th gen VFR guys...

If I use the MyTuningBike module do I have to have the factory O2 sensors hooked-up? One of my bikes came with factory O2 sensors, I removed them when I changed headers, and the track bike is an earlier version that did not have O2 sensors.

I will follow your installation on CR's bike... although, he has TBR race headers so mine will be slightly different; I think I can find a good spot at the final header collector for a O2 bung install. Is there a preferred distance, or range where it works best, from the cylinder head that the O2 sensor should be installed?

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hi, and thx for making yourself available to answer questions. I just happen to have one question (6th gen here). I have the harness ordered, and am looking at picking up the race module. It is my understanding that this module will come with a standard ignition/fuel map that is much better than stock. Will this map require greater than 89 octane fuel? I ask b/c the stock 6th gen is supposed to run fine on as low as 87 octane. I can't imagine that a higher performance map in the race module would still allow this?

Regards,

ACE

Edited by carlgustav

Hi Y.T.,
Thanks for the price break on the MyTuningBike module. If I go that route how would I get the discount applied on the website or do I order it through you?
FYI - I have two 5th gen VFR800s... one street and one street/track project. Both of these bikes are NOT listed as being compatible (non-VTEC) with the RapidBike Race VFR800 project. The PowerCommander 5 does not list their unit as working with my generation VFR, but we in the VFR community know that the VTEC version PC5 does work... I'm hoping to figure out any differences and make the RapidBike Race VTEC work with my gear driven cams engine so I'm kind of a Guinea pig for all the 5th gen VFR guys...
If I use the MyTuningBike module do I have to have the factory O2 sensors hooked-up? One of my bikes came with factory O2 sensors, I removed them when I changed headers, and the track bike is an earlier version that did not have O2 sensors.
I will follow your installation on CR's bike... although, he has TBR race headers so mine will be slightly different; I think I can find a good spot at the final header collector for a O2 bung install. Is there a preferred distance, or range where it works best, from the cylinder head that the O2 sensor should be installed?

in the RB Master software we can disable the factory O2 sensors and enable My tuning so at the start up / warming up the RB isn't looking for the O2 sensor signal. I have already discounted the price on the web site, the retail is $325 actually. and it comes with the wideband O2 sensor.

Hi, and thx for making yourself available to answer questions. I just happen to have one question (6th gen here). I have the harness ordered, and am looking at picking up the race module. It is my understanding that this module will come with a standard ignition/fuel map that is much better than stock. Will this map require greater than 89 octane fuel? I ask b/c the stock 6th gen is supposed to run fine on as low as 87 octane. I can't imagine that a higher performance map in the race module would still allow this?

It shouldn't effect where they set the ignition advancing so far out where you would require a higher octane of fuel.

Regards,

ACE

Your welcome, and I will try to get back here as often as I can while at work fixing other bikes :)

On the website I notice there is only one module that can be ordered, is this the evo or race module?

Link for wiring

http://rapidbike.us/products/2002-2009-vfr800-special-project

Links for Evo or Racing modules

http://rapidbike.us/products/copy-of-2002-2009-vfr800-special-project

http://rapidbike.us/products/copy-of-2002-2009-vfr800-special-project-racing-module

Hi Yaman, regarding the Rapidbike Master software, I assume it comes with the Race unit, or do we need to download it ?

Of course the software is free to download. Each RB EVO or Racing module has a serial number on the back of the module and you will need that number to register and download the software... instructions will be included in the box.

PLEASE NOTE: The software only supports Windows operating system.

Edited by RapidBikeUSA

• Member Contributer

Thanks to all for putting this together,

I ordered the race module, even though I probably won't be using all of its features.

I figure if I want to upgrade later, that this will be the best route.

Looking forward to install.

My question is has anyone used the master software and how technical is it?

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks to all for putting this together,

I ordered the race module, even though I probably won't be using all of its features.

I figure if I want to upgrade later, that this will be the best route.

Looking forward to install.

My question is has anyone used the master software and how technical is it?

Cheers

not very difficult, if anyone needs it now, I can e-mail it to anyone who ordered a system, just request it via e-mail , so you can have the opportunity to review it. I have also posted some info on Panigale forum as well here is the link.

http://ducati1199.com/mechanical-technical/19142-rapidbike-master-pro-software-info.html

EDIT: I meant to e-mail you guys the instructions for the software NOT the software itself which you need the serail numbers to be able to download it. Sorry!

Edited by RapidBikeUSA

• Member Contributer

Hi RapidBikeUSA

I've got an order in for the harness and am looking at buying the Racing module and the My Tuning Bike as well.

Currently I'm running an RB3 unit and have a Cordona GP quick swifter hooked up to it.

Is there anything special I need to allow me to use the Cordona unit on the Racing module?

Also, as I've spent quite a bit of time making my own map, via data logger and wideband O2, can I import my map from the RB3 in to the Racing?

Cheers

Phil

Well the good news is the wiring harnesses are ready ! to be shipped on Thursday or friday. But we have only confirmed and paid in full 6 systems. I will not delay those 6 systems that is paid for but If we could get the other 11 ordered it is going to be great.

Thank you very much.

Y.T.

• Like 2

Do I need to load a map onto the Rapid Bike for the VFR or will it come with a map for the VFR already loaded?

The base mapping is already done and the rest will be continuously tuned by Dynamic adaptivity function . and the purpose of getting on board with VFR forum for me is to help out and answer all questions. Also with the purchase of the system you will be able to download the free software and see and adjust (if needed) some of the functions as well.

Thanks

Y.T.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

Harnesses will be shipping out on Thursday the 25th. , we should receive them on Tuesday or Wednesday. So far out of 17 , 6 of them will be shipping out immediately since we have only had 6 people actually purchased the modules so far . so instead of ordering 25 harnesses I have only ordered 20 since we could't get all 17 paid at nearly same time ... but we do have enough EVO and Racing modules in stock.

• Like 1

Check it out. From Yaman:

"Finally the VFR is in the applications list, please note that you will not be able to raise the RPM limiter with the free version on the software, however, if requested, I can do it here with our software before shipping it out to you guys."

post-17122-0-57392000-1411668379.jpg

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Check it out. From Yaman:

"Finally the VFR is in the applications list, please note that you will not be able to raise the RPM limiter with the free version on the software, however, if requested, I can do it here with our software before shipping it out to you guys."

Yes please.... raise my rev limit!!!

Actually , we can go with 50 rpm increment , when activated , we can choose between 50 to 1000 rpm. Please keep it in mind, over revving the engine comes with some risks and we typically don't go over 500 rpms. And we can always turn off this function or decrease it anytime. But it would have to be done by us or a tuner who has the software.

• Like 2