Rapidbike Evo And Racing Related Questions !

RapidBikeUSA

• Member Contributer

P.S. Yaman is on point and those guys have the best customer service around..

Ditto... customer service from Yaman is exceptional! Every question and email gets answered... I sent in my module for the 5th gen re-progamming and he noticed a hairline crack in the case and is replacing the unit complete with new warranty starting from the date of replacement!

I brought my car into Acura for an air bag replacement due to a recall and they didn't even reset my SRS light because... "it's not listed in the recall". Dealer wanted to charge me another minumum $125 to hook it up to "the computer"... Acura could learn from Yaman on how to treat customers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

I'll chime in on the customer service side of things here.

As some will know, I've been having an issue with a surge in the 3500 to 5000 RPM range that I've not been able to fix.

Came on after a biggg over rev where I thought I'd clipped some valves.

I've been working with Dimsport in Italy on this and we pretty much exhausted all possible avenues bar replacing the RB Racing unit.

To cut a long story short, Yaman has arranged a warranty replacement of the RB Racing and My Tuning Bike units. FOC.

All I've had to do is get my units to him, and he is sending the replacements tonight NZ time.

His service is second to none.

A great guy.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well you wouldn't read about it but USPS's tracking site has my replacement bits from Yaman sitting in Santiago Chile.

Mmmm. Not sure how they got there seeing my address is Auckland New Zealand.

Bugger!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well the unit arrived and I've fitted it and carried out a full test over the same route as before.

Problem solved. Yippee!

A big thank you to Yaman and Daniele at Dimport IT.

I cannot fault their customer service.

We tried everything possible to find the cause but in the end it looks like I got a faulty unit.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Question for Yaman. I had my bike dyno'd yesterday & the factory rev limiter cut in at exactly the same 12,200rpm as before when running on PC3. I requested my unit have a 300rpm rev extend which is not apparent.

So my question is this, whilst sorting the fuelling I've had at least 2 firmware updates from Dimsport via the Rapid bike PC software, will these have reset the Rev limit ? To factory default ? All other user setting appear to have been maintained !

If this is the case how can I get the Rev extend back ?

Well the unit arrived and I've fitted it and carried out a full test over the same route as before.
Problem solved. Yippee!

Phil

Hi Phil, so how's the 825 going ? Wil you get it dyno run now you have a good module ? Here's my latest.

post-24524-0-36009400-1431761419.jpg

I'm fairly certain if I had my missing 300 RPM then it would have hit the magic 120hp I was aiming for !

Be good to see the difference the big bore makes.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Hi Mohawk

Once I finish the pipes I'm heading that way.

I've been talking to a guy here in Auckland that is just finishing off a dyno room with a brake dyno so I'm really interested in getting on to that instead of some DynoJet unit.

The 825 is going really well now.

I'll keep you posted.

That is a pretty good looking graph. Was that a full brake dyno, or a DynoJet?

Phil

• Member Contributer

That's a DJ250 with brake, but still produces DJ rather than Factory Pro numbers. To my mind, whilst it may not be "true" HP, it is relative to previous runs & most of the published data out there. You should check out those Yoshi Stacks !

• Member Contributer

Question for Yaman. I had my bike dyno'd yesterday & the factory rev limiter cut in at exactly the same 12,200rpm as before when running on PC3. I requested my unit have a 300rpm rev extend which is not apparent.

So my question is this, whilst sorting the fuelling I've had at least 2 firmware updates from Dimsport via the Rapid bike PC software, will these have reset the Rev limit ? To factory default ? All other user setting appear to have been maintained !

If this is the case how can I get the Rev extend back ?

Problem solved. Yippee!

Phil

Hi Phil, so how's the 825 going ? Wil you get it dyno run now you have a good module ? Here's my latest.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm fairly certain if I had my missing 300 RPM then it would have hit the magic 120hp I was aiming for !

Be good to see the difference the big bore makes.

Soooo close... my eye extends it out the last 300 rpms and I think you make it!

Is that with the Yoshi style stacks? Torque curve looks silky smooth and quite tasty!

• Member Contributer

Yep with the Yoshi style stacks in place & without ram air, so possibly a few more ponies to come at speed. I just got a gadget that will tell me if I get positive pressure at speed.

Awesome graph, really smooth and it keeps climbing! I updated my firmware and lost a few settings, but retained most of them.

Also can i get a Link to your stacks or the thread please.

• Member Contributer

Awesome graph, really smooth and it keeps climbing! I updated my firmware and lost a few settings, but retained most of them.

Also can i get a Link to your stacks or the thread please.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80640-yoshi-style-velocity-stacks/page-3

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Just thought I'd jump in here as I'm finally installing my RB module. Got the cable way back when, and the race module in Jan., just now getting to the install. Pulled my PC3, re-connected the O2 sensors and rode her for a few days. Didn't really notice the PC3 was gone, other VTEC smoothing mods had already been done as layed out in the forum, maybe that's why. I'm using this 3 day weekend to pay attention to my bikes so the VFR is getting this update finally.

Got the software downloaded a few minutes ago, ran the tool and let it update itself. Then it updated the module firmware. So after these ops, I saved off the initial map (get map to file). I think I'm ready to put the module in the bike & see what happens, not sure what to 'look' for. If I hadn't said so, I'm a bit excited ... :D ...

ACE

• Like 2

Most apparent thing you'll notice is more lowend and mid range torque. And everything will feel buttery smooth. Faster throttle response. Also it will keep getting better the more you ride. Be sure to run premium gas.

• Member Contributer

Ah, premium, thanx for the reminder, I forgot about that. I've got a mix of 89/91 in there now, oh well. I've only ridden short distances so far but the seat of the pants feel is very good in the around town gears, 3 & 4. However, I did notice on a longer ride on Sat. that she seems to be 'hunting' at steady throttle around 50mph. Didn't seem to be too bad, maybe she's 'tuning'?

ACE

• Member Contributer

Yep, that was the cabling I fed over in front of the battery and down the LH side ...

On my short commute in to work this morning, she felt stable running at about 45mph for a few miles. My commute is just not very long ...

ACE

Oh, I just realized you asked 'how', not 'if' ... um, basically according to the instructions, oxy sensor 1 labeled cable to the connector of the color stated in the instructions, I forget if that is white or black ...

Edited by carlgustav

You should be able to verify by adding 5% in the idle cell of those two cylinders and then watch their AFR go down and then vice versa for the other two. I'm not sure if you can do individual injectors with only two o2 sensors but you should look into it.

After installing, I verified that every injector/cylinder/o2 sensor was paired correctly.

Edited by CandyRedRC46

• Member Contributer

Well, things have gotten worse. Now when riding at steady RPM, she feels like I'm starting to run out of gas, or have lost a cylinder. As of yet, this feeling doesn't occur at full throttle runs, which have to be carefully done on my local roads :rolleyes:, IOW, no runs to very high speeds.

I'm going to pull the RB module out (just connections), restore stock connections, and ride to see if maybe the issue is something else ...

ACE

• Member Contributer

Before you pull it all apart just make sure that there are no leaks in the exhaust system.

If there are leaks the O2 sensors will be put off and alter the map incorrectly.

Also, try fattening up the map manually in the area where you are having the problem.

Go quite big on the steps like richen it by +10 in the corresponding cells of the map.

then give it another try.

• Member Contributer

@HighSide, I saw your post after I had already re-connected the stock cabling. Went out yesterday for a 45min ride, no issues (other than snatchy throttle, abrupt v-tec, the usual). So something with my RB setup is not right, be that the module, or cabling.

I don't believe I have any leaks in the exhaust system. I also don't think I should have to adjust the map that came with the RB module already set up for a 6th gen VFR800, so soon after installing?

I'm going to get some more seat time with her stock, then put the RB back in and try again. Maybe I can compare the map in my module against what should be there by default, and see if there are diffs? I'm a bit disappointed with the setup so far considering total cost ...

Thx,

ACE

• Member Contributer

So I take it that you have the stock narrowband O2 sensors still connected to the RB module?

I agree the standard map that cam with the module should make a significant difference to stock and that is what I've seen with any of the RB gear.

Recheck everything and if you are running the stock O2 sensors make sure that the RBO2 tick box on the map settings page is ticked.

Also check if the Average Cells box is ticked. If it is untick it.

Make sure that you click the Apply button on any changes that you make.

• Member Contributer

@HSNZ, yes, I have the RB module connected per instructions to the stock O2 sensor cables. Went out again this morning with stock setup, ran various gears over straight stretches and thru sweepers. Steady throttle in various gears & steady throttle briefly in V-tec range. She runs fine stock, I'm now convinced :mellow:.

So, I'll take my laptop into the garage, hook up the RB module, & check the items you mentioned ... thanx.

I've read that RB customer service is top-notch, so that will be my next step ...

ACE

• Member Contributer

@CRRC46, I saw your post about the O2 sensor check, however, I have to admit to some ignorance with respect to understanding what you wrote. In any case, I've learned over the years that when something goes wrong in an area I've had my hands in, the 1st place to look is the last place I touched :biggrin:. So I put everything back to stock to rule out some other problem with the bike. Now that that's done, I can look again at my RB setup. Since there are only 2 ways to hook up the O2 sensors, O1 to white & O2 to black, or vice versa, I can try the opposite connection to my 1st attempt & see if all is well?

@HSNZ, the RBO2 box is 'ticked' (checked). I did not see the 'average cells' box, but that may be b/c I just hooked the RB module into my laptop while it was not wired into the bike?

Thx all,

ACE