Rapidbike Evo And Racing Related Questions !

RapidBikeUSA

I got the module and harness for my 07 RWB on Friday. Can't wait to get it installed. 1st order of business is to finish they 75

S3 clutch actuator that I'm waiting on a part from Germany on.

The install instructions on the RB module looks very clear and easy to do. Hopefully later this week or next I'll get them put in.

Nick

What's a 75 s3 ??

This is a 75 S3..

0925091643.jpg

"A little while" ?

A minute or so?

I'd say five minutes tops while windows 7 updated the rapid bike driver etc. Yaman told me that they are releasing a new update soon for windows 8. I am not sure if windows 8 and rapid bike are working together or not but my windows 7 is fine. You may need to click on the updates available icon in the bottom right of your computer screen before your computer recognizes the rapid bike.

If you still can't figure it out, call Yaman at cycle pro.

So I have a Rapidbike Quickshift sensor and associated wiring assembly.

how would you personally get the related pushrod, and linkage ends to do a linear-travel frame/sprocket cover mount install of the rapidbike shifter? I'm mostly drawing straws on what I should pick up to attach to the QS sensor than what to tap to facilitate it's use.

Thanks Yaman, I thought from reading RB info that the fuel correction is % change of the open duty cycle on the injector !?

10% is 10% unless someones telling porkies !

I'll try the unit as is with the Vtec map & hope the unit can tune effectively from the narrow band sensors.

without getting into politics here :) not everyones Z-E-R-O map is a zero map. So I am not sure if the numbers would be identical between RB and PC

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

So I have a Rapidbike Quickshift sensor and associated wiring assembly.

how would you personally get the related pushrod, and linkage ends to do a linear-travel frame/sprocket cover mount install of the rapidbike shifter? I'm mostly drawing straws on what I should pick up to attach to the QS sensor than what to tap to facilitate it's use.

I'm all for modifying but you may want to get rearsets and substitute the quick shifter push-rod... if you're unsure on how to fabricate you may butcher the install and regret it later... personally, that is what i would do.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hey CR, can you manually make a make in the RB Master software ? Reason I ask is I'd like to copy my PC3 Custom Map injection % figures into RB as a base line, as their base map will be for a stock Vtec engine !

Oh and another thing, will the unit power up on the USB, without being attached to the bike ? So I can do the above in comfort of my office :wink:

PLEASE DON"T use PC3 or PCV cell values in RB cells as they may not correspond to same exact value. And yes USB will power up the unit no need to have the key on to make/view the software after retrieving it.

Ok so the harness is all connected and plugged in, the bike starts and runs, however when I connect the usb and try to get a connection on my laptop it says ERROR...TUNING BIKE/RAPID BIKE NOT CONNECTED (20)

??????? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???????

Do you have the right software installed to tune the module? Did you download the master software with your serial number from the instructions?

Are you running windows 8 ? if so please let me know I will e-mail you a usb driver, the problem is simply your PC doesn't have the driver to connect to RB module....

PLEASE keep it in mind that if RB is not installed properly , you bike won't run.......

It would appear that W8 is the problem , awaiting email from yaman............

Thanks Yaman, I thought from reading RB info that the fuel correction is % change of the open duty cycle on the injector !?

10% is 10% unless someones telling porkies !

I'll try the unit as is with the Vtec map & hope the unit can tune effectively from the narrow band sensors.

yOU ARE CORRECT! what I meant was when you do a copy and paste and highlight entire mapping the values may not go in to the same exact cell in the RB module you you would have to do it cell by cell also sometimes the resolution is different between the two such as tps and rpm increments, that is all.....

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Ah OK, I was going to transfer in small blocks once I'd compared the tables.

That does bring up one thing, there appears to be different RPM setting on different pics of RB fuel maps, what is the standard step, as in 500rpm, 250rpm etc ? The ones from CR above seem to show 300rpm steps. Is that default, is it configurable ? I'm happy with 300.

The first PC3 custom map I had had 500rpms values & the bike was OK, but I then discovered you could activate 250rpm values, so I did & interpolated the change between the rpm cell above & below & the bike was even smoother after that ! 300rpms is close enough :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

With the RB RPM steps you can make them what you basically want.

When the original map is configured in the Wizard, the starting RPM and ending RPM are entered and the number of steps that you want in between.

It calculates the steps from there.

When I converted from a PC5 to my RB3 I took the table out of the PC5 and in Excel married/interpolated the values on to corresponding cells for the RB3

It was a bit of work and I did find that once I put my wideband and data logger on the values needed for the RB3 were quite different.

I'd say it is down to what each manufacturer deems is a zero base.

I've bought the MyTuningBike module for mine so I'll run the map supplied and let it self tune via the wideband, then once I'm happy remove the wideband and run off the 2 narrows.

Phil

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

It appears the newer RB Master, does not allow you set the rows, it only allows start & end RPM. Was a bit confused, as I thought Yaman had missed my RPM increase, but when you reset it in the config it can be increased there.

Found a good calculation for conrod piston stress increase with RPM. If the you divide the RPM increase by 100 then square the result it gives an estimate of the stress load % increase.

So for me, the default VFR800 rev limiter is 12,200rpm, I asked for a 300rpm increase, so 300/100=3, 3x3=9% load increase.

You can see why Yaman recommends a max of 500rpm rev increase by running the numbers. 500/100=5, 5x5=25% load increase which is significant, and probably close if not over the built in safety margin the manufacturers may have incorporated for longevity.

• Member Contributer

I put about 70 miles on the bike today. Runs alot better than it did with the PCV and the staintune map I had in it. I didn't really notice the office jerkiness or the problem in the 3-4000 rpm range. I did do the flapper mod when I had the tank propped up and the previous owner must have done the marbles in the pair hoses because everything is hooked up but I do not get any backfiring on decel.

One question I have since I am new to this. The unit will autotune itself I know. But do I have to save the map in the module every so often and then upload it back into the module but the module to run on the new settings? I was told that is how a PCV auto would work. Again I am a novice at using these modules.

Nick

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Played some more with the RB Master software & nowhave options for defining the number of rows/columns, but they are a simple menu of fixed options, 40x8 etc, no means to specify the actuals you want. Busy converting PC custom values to RB rpm fields.

• Member Contributer

Question. What is the trigger for the quick shifter ?

Looks like power on one pin, to earth on another with signal on the 3rd pin, but is it just a positive voltage trigger ?

I can see the setting in the software to set the trigger voltage, so assume that part is variable, so in theory any positive feed on the sensor line could be made to trigger the QS !

Can Yaman or someone confirm that the (race) VFR_800_VTEC.mpp file included in the Rapid Bike software, identical to what is already loaded in the (race) module?

ie. can I assume I'm preserving a copy of the original mapping if I save that file off to another name for such purposes?

• Member Contributer

Mohawk

As far as I can tell you can just plug the Cordona GP shifter directly in to the RB harness.

It looks very much like RB buy and rebadge the Cordona unit as the RB Quickshifter.

The instruction sheets from Cordona and the one from RB are identical.

I'll know a little later today as I'm getting mine running at present with my existing Cordona.

Phil

• Member Contributer

Phil, does that mean you got your cams for the big bore engine ?

I know the cordona plugs straight in from your earlier replies, but as others have discovered, the 5th gen has the gear lever connected straight to gear shaft, so a rod based shifter won't work. Cordona do make a lever tip unit, but for some reason its a lot more expensive, so I'm looking for alternatives.

• Member Contributer

Ah, sorry.

The 6th Gen is the same as the 5th.

I've got a set of Sato rear sets so can use a rod.

I just always found that I could not get the lever to my liking with just the spline as the adjustment.

No, still no cams so I'm doing the first work on the 6th Gen engine at present.

They reground the profiles and then noticed that there was a mark on one of the journals, so back they went to have the journal reworked.

I find out tomorrow as to whether they are shipping.

It's been soooo long I've forgotten where I was up to.

• Member Contributer

Not sure as to the cost difference as I bought my Cordona from the Australian distributor.

He is also the RapidBike distributor for down this way.

The Cordona GP unit cost me $309 AUD 12 months ago

Just checking on there web site they are listing the Cordona now at $339 AUD and RapidBike US has the RB GP at $325 USD

At current exchange rates you would be better off going to RB US.

Can Yaman or someone confirm that the (race) VFR_800_VTEC.mpp file included in the Rapid Bike software, identical to what is already loaded in the (race) module?

ie. can I assume I'm preserving a copy of the original mapping if I save that file off to another name for such purposes?

YES it is!

Not sure as to the cost difference as I bought my Cordona from the Australian distributor.

He is also the RapidBike distributor for down this way.

The Cordona GP unit cost me $309 AUD 12 months ago

Just checking on there web site they are listing the Cordona now at $339 AUD and RapidBike US has the RB GP at $325 USD

At current exchange rates you would be better off going to RB US.

I can help you guys out with the QS purchase as well, $295 + Shipping and since installation will vary from one rear set to another , I will no include a rod or you can tell me general measurements of the rod you need and I can include it so you can trim it for your liking..

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Do we need to ocassionally save the map that is being autotuned and then reload it back into the RB module. I believe that is what you have to do on a power commander with autotune. Kind of new to all this electronic stuff. I'm kind of old school.;

Thanks,

Nick

You need to accumulate at least 200 miles on the clock and look at the correction map, if you are not seeing adjustments at the top of the range +15 or -15 then leave it alone it is best that way, however if you do see +15 and -15 accumulating in different areas then "add correction" and forget about it .

PLEASE NOTE: THE CORRECTION MAP IS THE SNAP SHOT OF YOUR LAST RIDE , if the conditions were less than ideal such as very hot and humid day, a lot of stop and go traffic, hot running engine and such, in these conditions even after looking at the correction map and you see some odd numbers, DO NOT PANIC :) RB will correct and constantly be correcting all the time so let it correct itself. And you can always post your screen shots of your auto adaptivity screen here, so we can talk about it as well....

Y.T.

Edited by RapidBikeUSA