2014 Catskills Fall Ride Anyone?

SEBSPEED

8. VFRpwr - Rob

- my limited forum knowledge and general impatience wouldn't allow me to add my name to the list of attendees, please bear with me. See you all there late afternoon on Friday.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

1. Seb, Sebspeed the artist

2. Brian, Midlife

3. Austin, VFRAustin

4. Tyson, TWitty

5. Dimitry, Rice

6. Tim P. , Engineer99

7. KevCarver (sans additional Carvers)

8. Rob, VFRpwr

ok so how does this work....

meet up when/where/what/how/etc?

staying at the same mo/hotel each night? assuming each person is responsible for their own reservations...

so I've got Friday off, my plan is to begin ride on Friday morning to Catskills area

Meet up Friday at motel. "Safety meeting" till ?

Saturday morning, breakfast at the adjacent restaurant, then kickstands up around 9-10am. Lunch on the road, dinner TBD. Another "safety meeting"... Sunday, breakfast and maybe a small ride to get everyone out on their way home.

Ride routes to be determined pending # of attendees and weather...

• Member Contributer

ok so how does this work....

meet up when/where/what/how/etc?

staying at the same mo/hotel each night? assuming each person is responsible for their own reservations...

so I've got Friday off, my plan is to begin ride on Friday morning to Catskills area

Post or pm me with your planned route to NY. I'm off Friday also and might join you at some point along the way.

Since we don't have a huge attendance for this ride, perhaps we should wait on the weather?? We can't have 3 fall rides in a row that have a rainy Saturday..

Brian

see your location is mid-Hudson valley, where specifically?

I google mapped New Milford CT to Red Ranch Motel, 75 miles, 1.5 hrs, 3 routes, I think I would take most scenic and twisty route through Sharon CT into NY....RTs 189/82/23 to Rt 32.

If the weather turns foul, I need to bow out. otherwise, still tracking forecast day to day

So far this week every time I check the forecast the amount of rain expected gets less. It seems inevitable to have some rain on Saturday but should not be ride ending.

Still planning on seeing you all there at the Red Ranch for that Friday Safety Meeting

Safe travels everyone.

• Member Contributer

So far this week every time I check the forecast the amount of rain expected gets less. It seems inevitable to have some rain on Saturday but should not be ride ending.

Still planning on seeing you all there at the Red Ranch for that Friday Safety Meeting

Safe travels everyone.

My feelings exactly. A chance of spotty rain book ended by two sunny days looks like good odds in our favor so far. I also recal getting great rides in and ending in rain last year. We got this.

• Member Contributer

Brian

see your location is mid-Hudson valley, where specifically?

I google mapped New Milford CT to Red Ranch Motel, 75 miles, 1.5 hrs, 3 routes, I think I would take most scenic and twisty route through Sharon CT into NY....RTs 189/82/23 to Rt 32.

If the weather turns foul, I need to bow out. otherwise, still tracking forecast day to day

I'm in Highland but, will be trailering to Saugerties Friday morning so I have the truck nearby for beer runs and designated driver duties. Depending on the time of day, I could meet you near Poughkeepsie or Kingston.

I have been following this thread closely with the thought of driving 6.5 hours each way to see some Tmac friends and meeting some new. The riding sounds like the remedy for the straight-road-blues here. However urging the weather nymphs to clear things up for Sat. is not paying off so far. It's just about decision time and now the forecast is for rain; at times heavy. Aargg. (I won't mention that the weather for the following wknd is looking better 10 days in advance). What ...............to ...................do...............?

Schmopted.

Next week looks promising.........yes?

I am interested in re grouping next weekend if we have better luck.

• Member Contributer

You guys can regroup all you want but don't get your feelings hurt when KevCarver rides 1,100 miles for the event and you aren't there to hand him a cold beer upon arrival.

Maybe you can just put some diesel fuel around your ankles to keep the ants off of your candy arses :goofy:

J/K but Kevin should be there very soon...within the next couple of hours if I were to hazard a guess.

You guys can regroup all you want but don't get your feelings hurt when KevCarver rides 1,100 miles for the event and you aren't there to hand him a cold beer upon arrival.

Maybe you can just put some diesel fuel around your ankles to keep the ants off of your candy arses :goofy:

J/K but Kevin should be there very soon...within the next couple of hours if I were to hazard a guess.

Haha, quite true.. I've had enough riding in the rain for one year. 1,100 miles, that is true dedication. How about you post some motogp pictures??

• Member Contributer

This weather radar is killin me. The bike is in the truck and I am deciding at 5am tomorrow morning. 3 hour drive up... TBD

I am not down yet... Two reasons, the afternoon may be good and Sunday is crystal clear.

• Member Contributer

Haha, quite true.. I've had enough riding in the rain for one year. 1,100 miles, that is true dedication. How about you post some motogp pictures??

Working on the write up of the trip as whole and catching up with 3 weeks off work...maybe I should stop reading threads here that piss me off and then taking an hour to respond to those...you lot seem to have got along fine without me for the month of September. :beer:

Archived