Show Your Fleet

JimGregory

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 'fleet' is the number of one. A vfr800 fix that I have had for 3 months and I love it! I haven't managed to do a proper ride on it yet due to an injured knee but after not having a big bike since 1998 (a cbr600f), its great to be back. It didn't take long to get used to it again either

post-30952-0-32429200-1412548244.jpg

post-30952-0-48922100-1412548279.jpg

My 'fleet' is the number of one. A vfr800 fix that I have had for 3 months and I love it! I haven't managed to do a proper ride on it yet due to an injured knee but after not having a big bike since 1998 (a cbr600f), its great to be back. It didn't take long to get used to it again either

I put a used wingrack on my VFR as well. Same E460 top case too. Only problem has been there are no grab handles for my rider now. Still scratching my head pondering a solution.

Nice bike Dave. Looks just like mine.

The wingrack, topbox and matching panniers all came with it but I haven't taken a passenger on it yet so may have the handle problem at some point.

If I decided to buy new panniers (as the originals look a bit tired and rusty) would they just snap onto my current wingrack?

My topcase was a bit faded so I purchased a new lid cheap. Probably the last one in the USA. I put the 21 litre side cases on but I would also like to get a pair of E360 cases for more capacity. Havent needed it yet though and the E360 cases are getting scarce. I don't know what all side cases will fit on there but I think quite a few different models.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's our current fleet.

post-10606-0-29588700-1413929755.jpg

Left to right: my newish-to-me '98 Interceptor, my trusty '06 CBR 600RR, and my visiting son's newly acquired '08 1098 Ducati.

We had a great time this weekend riding all three on the local roads in and around Deal's Gap.

some cool bikes. 900F mono shocks? And i would so enjoy an RD400.

I did a complete CBR900RR suspension swap on my 900F, front and rear.

Very cool!

I had a great time with my 900F. Handled as good as I could make it but you went way beyond. Nice job.

Archived