Throttle Body Isolator Boots

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

there are two pipes routed from the Tank ... one is overflow while other is a vent.

tank flow

the breather usually goes to the canister (if applicable) else straight out

AnikMankar,

I thought that even on bikes that did not have the EVAP canister, the vent tube still runs down the right side of the bike, across the front, and then into the tube stay on the left side of the bike. I have never been able to confirm this, but pictures such as the one you are showing above certainly make me see it that way. Does anyone know for sure?

• Member Contributer

Ahh, after manipulating my head better to get a better look, it is the positive battery cable to the stared. probably can't see t in the pic it's not leaking at the moment and is drying up, I can see that the leak is coming from higher up and leaks only when the engine is running. I believe I have an injector leaking. Mother Trucker!!post-26694-1410877438855.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Well I found the source of the leak. Hard to see in a pic. The reflection is fuel puddling on the intake valves.

This means the injector is bleeding down correct?post-26694-14109208594432.jpg

• Member Contributer

David,

My life sucks. So, should I...

A. Send it back to the guy who serviced it?

B. Try to fix it myself?

C. Run it like it is and see if fixes itself?

• Member Contributer

David,

My life sucks. So, should I...

A. Send it back to the guy who serviced it?

B. Try to fix it myself?

C. Run it like it is and see if fixes itself?

So is it running fine otherwise ? I would open and see if something minor. But would definitely fix it. Not to a good idea to have fuel dripping.

you can replace the seals/cushions thats about it. You really don't disassemble them. You replace them or have them professionally cleaned. Thats it. They are pretty easy to remove. Don't live with dripping fuel, could lead to other conditions that cause you more problems.

did you replace all seals AND the cushions? typically the cleaning places don't give you every seal you need, just 2 of them i believe.........if you pull the injectors on an older bike you should replace the seals and cushions imho

if memory serves me right, you are not the first with this issue. Search up something along the lines of injectors leaking after cleaning.

I believe Kaldek had this issue. I think he sent his injectors in for cleaning, and when they came back they were worse off! I think if you search his posts up you will find it, and I think he even mentions it in one of his youtube videos. He gives an explanation for what was going on there. I think in the end he had to replace them, and you could have a similar issue.

• Member Contributer

The seals and seats including the "filters" inside them.were replaced. The cushions were not. I checked all the injectors for external leaks...no sighns of anything externally.

• Member Contributer

Thank you very much. The guy who cleaned them wants me to call him. He guarantees his work and it sounds like he wants to help me with this. I will watch those videos for sure.

if your injectors are hosed after cleaning, its not necessarily the injector guys fault. I think Kaldek explains things well in his video and posts.

Used injectors are pretty cheap, but I would definitely have any used injectors re-cleaned and new seals for sure.

I was hunting down fuel system issues and I must have replaced every damn thing I could think of:

cleaned injectors, new seals and cushions

new FPR

new fuel rail seals (hell once your taking off the FPR etc may as well replace these)

new fuel filter

I am even going to remove my EVAP can, cap off the TB ports and re-route my vent hose.

I really hope you get this fixed, no doubt its driving you crazy

• Member Contributer

Jeff that's the best way .

Send them back?

Yeah Jeff I would you can not ride like that, all of that raw gas drains down to the oil.

Archived