Taller Touring Windscreen?

MotoPumps

• Member Contributer

Worked out to 107€ delivered, a rather expensive piece of plastic but so pretty n shiny .......

this is the dark black one, looks divine in the sun .

i removed the ermax stickers, i do not like them .

post-31156-0-81902800-1422740375.jpg

post-31156-0-26149700-1422740381.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Ermax looks good. What are the dimensions, how much taller than stock?

Hi gilbmw,

sorry i can not give you a precise answer for the moment, had an accident and the bike is in a honda garage waiting to be repaired,

i just measured the ermax that i had not mounted as of yet and its roughly 40 cm ( just under 16 inch's long ) . this is from the middle of the bottom end to the middle of the other .

hope this can help .

rob .

Ermax looks good. What are the dimensions, how much taller than stock?

Hi gilbmw,

sorry i can not give you a precise answer for the moment, had an accident and the bike is in a honda garage waiting to be repaired,

i just measured the ermax that i had not mounted as of yet and its roughly 40 cm ( just under 16 inch's long ) . this is from the middle of the bottom end to the middle of the other .

hope this can help .

rob .

Sorry to hear about the get off. just learned that it's the same size as stock. I 'm looking for more covered so the GIVI maybe my only option.

• 2 weeks later...

Powerbronze's website is now listing the Gen-8 VFR for it's Airflow (double-bubble) screens, which come in a range of colours and finishes. I've had a powerbronze screen on each of my previous VFRs, the only real decision for me with the new bike is whether to go iridium silver, or dark tint...

Powerbronze USA: http://www.powerbronzeusa.com/

Powerbronze UK: http://www.powerbronze.com

Powerbronze Australia: http://www.powerbronzeaustralia.com/searchedproducts.aspx?maketext=HONDA&modeltext=VFR800F&yeartext=15

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Actually very dark, hmmmmmm, if i had known it was this dark i might just have taken the lite smoke one.

oh well, i love it anyways .

:cheerleader:

post-31156-0-30492400-1426618891.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Just got the Givi screen. I'm having a heck of a time getting the inner visor off, so I can change out the windscreen. The directions in the service manual aren't very clear. I don't want to force it and break the tabs. Any tips would be appreciated.

Steve

Just verified that the Puig in the picture at Revzilla is the racing windscreen, but the description and part number are for the touring windscreen which is much taller and not as good looking... http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/updates/honda-vfr800f-2014/touring-screen/c172en/f213-r19-m4622/

Here's a great picture comparing the Puig racing windscreen (smoke and dark smoke) to the stock screen, I'm just not sure where you can buy it...

post-20863-0-51408900-1434315135.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have just bought the Touring screen with the flip up attachment from Puig. Its considerable larger than the OE Screen.

I haven't had any real faults with the screen apart from it activates the helmet mic above legal speeds. Have covered over 6000 miles so far.

Once I get the new screen fitted ill do a report once I get back from a tour. Cost over in UK £110

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually very dark, hmmmmmm, if i had known it was this dark i might just have taken the lite smoke one.

What's the quality and fit like of the Ermax screen?

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

What's the quality and fit like of the Ermax screen?

Hi dogman, sorry for my late reply .

fit wise i did not fit it, i had honda do it while they changed the oil ( got it at the same time ) .

it does look quite nice when fitted, and looks to me like it could very well have been just another factory part if it were the case .

Quality seems good, they are over priced over here at least, over 100€ is just madness !!

i remember having a ebay bought windrscreen for a sv1000s that cost me like 28€ and fit perfectly and was stunning in the same kind of dark smoke .

anyways, hope this info helps .

take care

rob.

• Member Contributer

How easy is it to remove the standard screen?

I've just picked up a Powerbronze screen for mine. I'm hoping to fit it after Christmas.

Dead easy 2 screws lever cover out. 2 screws new screen in put it back together.

More info in a guide on bikers oracle Vfr site

How easy is it to remove the standard screen?

I've just picked up a Powerbronze screen for mine. I'm hoping to fit it after Christmas.

Dead easy 2 screws lever cover out. 2 screws new screen in put it back together.

More info in a guide on bikers oracle Vfr site

Thanks Fink

• Member Contributer

I had originally installed the Puig Tall Touring screen (1st photo) but I didn't like it, replaced it with the GIVI, Much better!

What do you find better about the givi screen over the puig one?

Archived