Taller Touring Windscreen?

MotoPumps

• Member Contributer

Was expecting something bit more critical than that.

Have the puig touring screen with the wind deflector. Bought this because I have used puig on other bikes and have been impressed by them.

Sadly this time it was a mistake. The flip up as far as I was concerned was about as much use as a chocolate fire guard and didn't appear to make a blind bit of difference above 70 mph.

The whole trailing edge ( edge nearest rider) was in continual movement at speeds above 70 mph which had the effect of rattling the helmet so much so that the vision was blurred. Didn't find there was any added protection over the std screen it's certainly not suitable for touring. It had done my head in after 100 miles. And I was dreading the return journey. It lasted a few hundred more miles with the flip up in various positions In a vain attempt to help me come to terms with it.

Sadly not the screen was removed and is languishing in it box at the back of the garage.

The original is back on.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Let us know how you get on with it.

A little less noise on the highway, but also less wind pressure on the head.

I am hoping that my bullet cam attached to the helmet will pick up less wind noise while driving, but I still need to test that.

My OEM screen had been scratched previously as a result of not paying attantion while polishing the bike. I like the looks of this screen and it was the picture of PearlBlueSoul that got me into buying it.

On the pictures that I had seen so far it seems that the trailing edge is curling upward, but for the racing (Jetstream) version this is not the case. Because of PearlBlueSoul's picture I realised that the actual screen is different from the images on their website concerning the trailing edge.

Archived