Taller Touring Windscreen?

MotoPumps

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a similar desire for less wind for my 91, maybe there is a wind deflector that can be mounted on the existing windscreen that works?

I do have one of those from an MRA Vario that I could try, but it will require some holes. Maybe posi-lock would work for testing.

Looked at the Laminar Lip site and they don't have anything for the '14 yet. I have used Laminar Lips on VStroms to great effect.

Wonder if Givi has anything in the works...

• 3 weeks later...

You could probably make a Laminar Lip for a 6th-gen work, I can't imagine the 8th-gen windshield is significantly different. Otherwise probably just wait a month or two, I'm sure most of the major brands will have options out.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this from Zero Gravity when asking if they have a screen in the works:

Yes, we're working on it right now. There's no estimated completion date at the moment but I'll make sure you're on the list of people we contact when we have them ready.

Thanks for contacting us.....ZG

Let me know when they make one for a Gen 8 bike...

Not sure what you mean, the ERMax is a double bubble for the 8th Gen and available now. http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Aeromax-Screen-Windshield-for-Honda-VFR800-14-_p_5029.html

I see the ERMax -- was referring to the MRA. Something has not been quite right with the VFR forum as posts are arriving out of order.

• 2 months later...

Givi Smoke Touring shield for the '14 VFR just arrived. Got it at Tour and Ride for $143 delivered. Ordered on the 9th and arrived today.

Photos as I get it installed. Stay tuned.

Rob

Yes, just mounted it. Looks great. I think it will really improve the wind protection for touring. Looking to have more of the bugs end up going OVER my visor. :cool:

Here are a few fairly crappy cell phone pix. Not much light in the garage, and too much snow on the ground to move the bike outside to photograph.

smugshot_1324741-XL.jpg

smugshot_6578889-XL.jpg

smugshot_2431539-XL.jpg

I doubt I will be providing a review anytime soon unless we get a massive thaw and rain to clean the salt off the roads...

• Member Contributer

I loved the Givi windscreen on my '06. Strap is trying to talk me into the same for the '14. I'm keeping an eye on this thread for comments about the fit and air flow.

REVIEWS?????

Is that dead bugs I see on the front? You should really clean it, if it's going to be sitting there for awhile. But then again, I'm anal about keeping mine clean all the time.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks for the posts guys,

ive just ordered the ermax clear black 119€ shipped . will have it by the 31st of jan.

personally dont like the Givi too much ( was for sale at 110€ at the same place )

looks like it could protect more though, im just not fond of the look.

cheers ....

Archived