Sum Sum <3.0 Teaser Thread

didit

• Member Contributer

If you gotta do one it might as well be the next one, right?

At least I have a year to plan..which bike(s) to bring, trailer over, make the wifey enjoy herself or drop her off at her moms in Missouri? All these questions to answer...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I've marked the dates and will put in a vacation request. Thanks Tony et al. for organizing these meets!

Ditto. I wasn't able to make the PAC-West meet in Oregon this summer due to a commitment to vacation in Lake Tahoe a couple of weeks later, although I did manage to ride a small section of one of the routes (Hwy. 58) coming and going. I had to interslab it for a day in both directions to make the timing work. BTW, Cageless and any other Washington folk--WTF is up with traffic in Seattle? On the way down I ran into stop and go traffic from downtown to Olympia, and on the way back from Olympia to Everett (~90 miles). I probably could have saved some time by taking the 405 through Bellevue and utilizing the diamond lanes more, but the volume was horrendous--both times it was Saturday (mid-morning on the way south, mid-afternoon on the way north). Where are all those people going? I've been riding to and through Seattle for years (had a buddy at the UW in the '90s) and never encountered such volume. :ohmy: I'm thinking now that longer routes that avoid Seattle might be more enjoyable and just as quick.

Traffic anywhere near Seattle is terrible and getting worse by the day. Coming down from the north there are a few good choices to by pass Seattle traffic. Head down Hwy 9 from Sedro Woolly to Arlington, that's where Hwy 9 starts getting grungy, then in Arlington head northeast toward Darrington, just a mile or two to a stoplight then head east a mile or so and find the Jordan Road, head south and follow that to Granite Falls and take the Menzel Road past Lake Rossinger to Monroe, then past my house in Duvall, or stop and meet and greet, then on to Snoqualmie Parkway which connects to Hwy 18 and follow that south, that parallels I-405 and a portion of I-5, eventually you have to come back out to I-5 unless you want to go around the east side of Rainier, Hwy 410, etc.

• Member Contributer

You spaced out in the Netherlands no? :unsure:

Oh?? I sense a story coming... Or did I miss the thread???? Pics?????

C

hhhm return flight to Calgary Eur 1k+

Let me pencil in the dates very very lightly...... :goofy:

Once in Calgary, you're only one stone's throw away from Vancouver my friend. Canadian standards, of course... Only about 1100 km. Just saying...

C

• Member Contributer

Traffic anywhere near Seattle is terrible and getting worse by the day. Coming down from the north there are a few good choices to by pass Seattle traffic. Head down Hwy 9 from Sedro Woolly to Arlington, that's where Hwy 9 starts getting grungy, then in Arlington head northeast toward Darrington, just a mile or two to a stoplight then head east a mile or so and find the Jordan Road, head south and follow that to Granite Falls and take the Menzel Road past Lake Rossinger to Monroe, then past my house in Duvall, or stop and meet and greet, then on to Snoqualmie Parkway which connects to Hwy 18 and follow that south, that parallels I-405 and a portion of I-5, eventually you have to come back out to I-5 unless you want to go around the east side of Rainier, Hwy 410, etc.

Thanks, Choco. :fing02: I've printed your reply for future reference. I have ridden Hwy. 9 to/from Sumas a couple of times when I wasn't in a hurry--it's a nice ride through farm fields and small towns. If I ride through Duvall I'll be sure to PM you to see if you're around--maybe on my way to SumSum 3, wherever it might be! :tour:

• Member Contributer

Count me in. The evil of this is that it is So Far Off in the future. I'll be looking forward to it With Wild Anticipation. I hope it's Utah!

• Member Contributer

Count me in. The evil of this is that it is So Far Off in the future. I'll be looking forward to it With Wild Anticipation. I hope it's Utah!

Be better in a state that actually sells alcohol.

• Member Contributer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_West_Distillery

I have a bottle of their rye whisky (Rendezvouz; but the spirit itself is sourced from Indiana, they do blend it on site though) which is very distinct and pleasant to sip

• Member Contributer

Be better in a state that actually sells alcohol.

I just spent a week out there and alcohol rules have been relaxed. Grocery stores sell 3.2 beer, resturants have service, there are state liqour stores, and microbreweries.

• Member Contributer

I just spent a week out there and alcohol rules have been relaxed. Grocery stores sell 3.2 beer, resturants have service, there are state liqour stores, and microbreweries.

That's good news. In the last couple of decades I've only passed through Utah on the way somewhere else--I stayed overnight in a nice motel in a small town a couple of years ago while touring on the VFR, but didn't go looking for a drink. When I went on a ski holiday in the late '80s near Salt Lake City (Snowbird), the only way you could drink at the resort was to buy a 'temporary' club membership (I think it was $10) and drink in a club. If you wanted a mixed drink in a restaurant you had to buy your alcohol at a liquor store, carry it in, and buy a 'set-up' (e.g. soda and ice in a glass) then add your own scotch. Weird. I was told it was because Mormons made up the majority of the state government.

• Member Contributer

You guys are scaring me!

+ is lots of pretty red rocks. And Bud light is now available! Only straight roads for you though :)

You guys are "jumping the gun" thinking the ride will be in Utah. Nothing official has been announced yet.

Tony privately confided in me at SS#2 that the likely site for SS#3 was Kansas. A central site like Kansas allows for the most attendees. Of course, there will be rides that venture into Nebraska for those who desire a change of scenery.

By change of scenery you mean corn fields instead of wheat fields?

Riding in those States explains Tony's wore-down-to-the-cords tire!

• Member Contributer

Ask and yee shall receive.

Another Teaser Trailer for ya'll.

www.http://youtu.be/cPl1...vizNosRjVnjHivQ

(if someone can instruct me on how to imbed the videos)

Oh, and by the way, we'll go with DATES CONFIRMED: Tues, Aug. 11th --- Fri. Aug. 14th, 2015

Stay tuned, plenty more to come

• Member Contributer

]

Yes. Glad to hear you'll make the scene. (Do you drag your knees on your police bike?)

Archived