How Good Are The Oem Bags?

LoopRider

Has anyone had these for a reasonable number of kms? How durable? Are they waterproof in heavy rain? I read in an article the zip on the top box lets rain in? Any feedback be appreciated as I am thinking about trading the F on an X after a test ride today. Thanks.

• Member Contributer

Haven't used mine much, but with the liners, they are superb. Lots of room, you can place a helmet and shoes with no problem and still have space for clothing, etc. I'd say they're durable, but treat them with TLC if you don't want the finish to get scratched up. Haven't tested them in rain, but I think they would keep water out in light/moderate rain.

Thanks guys, yes my OEM bags on the VFR1200F are great. I have taken them through torrential rain and no leaking. And I love the fact no racks required to fit them.

Unfortunately they are a different bag to what Honda offers for the Cross Tourer (VFR1200X) and the F bags do not fit. Apparently the Top box has a zip like closure and can let water in according to Bike magazine. They recommended the Givi set instead. However I have seen one for sale with the OEM bags and wondering how good they would be, if anyone has ridden them in the rain?

Archived