Schuberth Src Bt System Works With.........................

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

After 15 years of abstinence, my wife has decided she'd like to ride with me again. :beer:

Good news? She still fits in her size 38 leathers :cheerleader:

On the flip side, her helmet is not only too old, the inside foam was falling out too....

So I am looking for input on which other BT communication unit (brand and type) is confirmed as functioning well with the SRC collar in my Schuberth C3. I've been reading the web and saw that Sena S5's have problems connecting.

But rather that trusting the web, I put my faith in VFRD!

Anyone has real on hand experience?

• Member Contributer

I know for a fact the Schuberth SRC works with the Cardo G9x, as I just bought a G9x pair for me and the wife and paired her helmet with my Schuberth and my Shoei (w/G9x). I would assume that any Cardo would as they are the ones who make the Schuberth system, but you never know. I am curious though on the Sena systems that support "universal" connection, are they really universal? I would imagine the "other" model you'd be connecting to would be the limiting factor. Since you need to get her a new helmet, just get her a C3 with the SRC system and that's two birds with one stone.

• Member Contributer

Not really......................

Because I'm not all that enthusiastic about the C3, for me.. (other may be 100% happy)

I wore the C3 in store for some time and all felt well.

Mine was a special order (the orange not for the Dutch market).

Got the helmet (shortly before flying out to the USA for TMAC) but after a 30 minute riding, there was a pressure point from the inner liner on my forehead. It left an actual indentation........ Long story short, a sharpie removed some of the foam.

It is not quieter than any of the other helmets I've owned (Schuberth claims that theirs arebetter)

The radio reception sux (hence the C3 pro I guess)

The good points?

It is MF bright orange

It persuaded Terry to buy a new helmet which in 2013 probably saved his life....

• Member Contributer

The new C3 Pro and the S2 have the SRC antenna built into the helmet and the internal liner and foam have been redone, most likely to resolve the issue you had. Obviously the helmet choice should be based on what fits and feels the best, just threw the suggestion out there because you already have the C3/SRC combo. That being said, if you have the new SRC and the old helmet, that could be a big reason for the poor reception. i.e. New SRC uses the antenna in the helmet.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the feedbacks!

My wife decided she did not want a communication set.

But she did pick a new helmet :tour:

post-8974-0-20421100-1407852379.jpg

• 1 year later...

FWIW, if your ever looking for an intercom solution, I couldn't be any happier than i am with my uClear. Easy to use, no boom mic, and it pairs to my BMW satellite radio. It also fit inside my Shoei better than any other intercom I looked at.

• Member Contributer

A momentary hijack if you don't mind. Per the uClear headset: how do you keep from wind noise from interfering with the mics if they're in the earphones? Seems like that wouldn't work well at all.

TIA

• Member Contributer

No problem as as I sometimes transgress (not DRESS) as well :-)

On July 18, 2016 at 6:23 PM, FJ12Ryder said:

A momentary hijack if you don't mind. Per the uClear headset: how do you keep from wind noise from interfering with the mics if they're in the earphones? Seems like that wouldn't work well at all.

TIA

I think it's some sort of electronics, but it really works great. I use foam earplugs when I ride to combat wind noise, so I need to have the volume up pretty loud to hear. There isn't any distortion. Here is a link to their tech page. http://www.uclear-digital.com/technology/

• Member Contributer

I am a uclear user as well.  Uclear works well even with the wind noise and has good noise cancelling.  I have (rarely) answered the phone via my UClear and no-one knows I took off from the stop-light and am riding down the road...

Matt

• Member Contributer

Do the uclear units have FM radio?

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Do the uclear units have FM radio?

No, not built into them. It does sync to the radio on my BMW and to my phone. If someone calls while I'm on the bike, it's totally hands free answering. The only downside I've found is the range. They say about 1/4 mile, but I don't think mine has quite that range, but it's usually not an issue. 

• Member Contributer

I am really surprised that your experience with Schuberth was bad. I had a couple of dealings with them here in the U.S. and had a much better experience. That being said, the Scala units I have owned (SRC, G9, G9x SRC Pro and Packtalk) all have performed as I was expecting. However, the original SRC does have an issue and might be what your experiencing. Inside the neck roll, there is a flat ribbon ground connection, it's essentially a metal tape that the ground wire is soldered to. This will, over time and use, break and will make intermittent connection and cause the unit to act up. I was able to take the tape and "reconnect" it and resolved the issue, however it did break again and I have since retired the C3 and SRC.

Most likely this is what is going on with Dutchy's SRC and why they may not experienced the issue (being that it is intermittent). Doesn't explain their lack of concern though.

Archived