R/r Flip Plate Mount For The Fh020Aa Shindengen R/r

mello dude

Question

• Member Contributer

On a recent 6th gen R/R job, I made this R/R flip plate to mount the FH020aa R/R. Went together pretty clean. On this one, its a hacksaw production, but if I made a batch, I would go to my Laser guy. Its looking like mostly a 6th gen part, would work with 5th with some spacers or drilling a couple holes, and maybe 4th gen. (Its been quite awhile since I looked at a 4th gen.) Its a good heat sink too.

I'm tempted to do CNC a laser batch, but was wondering ---- anybody have interest in this? I'm not sure if this is a white elephant.

Thanks all.

RRMountingPlate01.jpg

RRMountingPlate02.jpg

RRMountingPlate04.jpg

RRMountingPlate05.jpg

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

You have to have the COP to do this.

Ok -I'm dense. COP?
That is the coil pack location on the right side. "Coil Over Plug" conversion would need to be done to free this location. Or, some creative relocating. I did my COP last year some time to clean up the bike.

Hey Mello, I put a springs in my VTR front and love it. If I recall, you have the VTR front also.

• Member Contributer

You have to have the COP to do this.

Ok -I'm dense. COP?
That is the coil pack location on the right side. "Coil Over Plug" conversion would need to be done to free this location. Or, some creative relocating. I did my COP last year some time to clean up the bike.

Hey Mello, I put a springs in my VTR front and love it. If I recall, you have the VTR front also.

Ooooohhh! Coil over plug. Ok --- I know what that is.... but this plate is just to mount the R/R. Goes together just fine on a 6th gen no problem - I did it and didnt mess with any COP conversion.

Yeah I do really like my upgraded - VTR/Traxion Dynamics/Stiffer springs/RC51 brakes conversion.

• Member Contributer

If owners see the value in that R/R conversion (and there's plenty ) they would no doubt want one. That's a slick way of mounting it. That's a really nice job for using a hack saw. How were you able to cut the square holes?

• Member Contributer

If owners see the value in that R/R conversion (and there's plenty ) they would no doubt want one. That's a slick way of mounting it. That's a really nice job for using a hack saw. How were you able to cut the square holes?

On the square holes, I drilled smaller holes to the exact dimension of the R/R mount flange, and then I used some jewelers files to file the holes square. Everything is done by calibrated eyeball.... :cool:

• Member Contributer

Hey 'Dude

count me in for a 6th Gen r/r adaptor plate if your going to make them.

Guess I'll crank out a batch.

• Member Contributer

On a recent 6th gen R/R job, I made this R/R flip plate to mount the FH020aa R/R.

RRMountingPlate01.jpg

I recently made a similar plate for mounting my R/R on my 6th Gen. Instead of the square holes with captured bolts, I tapped the plate so I could run bolts in from the front.

Got home and checked....apparently these plates aren't needed just because they look good. MD - did you ever make any more of these plates, and if so ... what is shipping to Tucson, AZ? I'm not a fan of making new holes in the bike (unless someone else has done this and had success).

For anyone keeping records my 6th gen (2007) stator went out @ 11K so I'm swapping it out, figured I'd do the R/R at the same time. Thx all.

• Member Contributer

MD - Looks nice and clean. Curious tho, won't the new R/R mount in the OEM holes?

Nope --- Honda mounting dim = 80mm ---- FH20AA mounting dim = 70mm

Ok gang - I asked the shop to make a batch. I'll give the heads up when they are ready.

:cool:

• Member Contributer

FYI, the SH847 (the 50A series r/r from the Suzuki Vstrom) is 100mm between mounting holes. Actually, one hole is slightly elongated, which allows it to also fit 4" mounting studs.

Ciao,

MD - FYI. I checked w/ Jack @ Roadster to see if he had any that looked like this -- surprisingly he did, so I ordered one. Anyway - I'm good for now. Thx tho.

• Member Contributer

Ok gang, finally got the laser shop to finish these......

As it comes from the laser house

Flipper%203_zpsvr6dajbd.jpg

Working it, filing it and adding the chamfers.....

Flipper%201_zpsrefkayty.jpg

Flipper%205_zpsging6rvf.jpg

Perfect hassle free custom mount for the FH020AA for your 6th gen. (May work on a 5th with some drilling holes.)

$14.95 - stainless steel fasteners included and shipping included US.

• Member Contributer

Dude, what do I need to send to you? Asking on behalf of this thread. Would a PM be best? I'm Toronto area, Canada. Hoping for USPS shipping up here. :biggrin: Thanks.

Dave.

• Member Contributer

Dude, what do I need to send to you? Asking on behalf of this thread. Would a PM be best? I'm Toronto area, Canada. Hoping for USPS shipping up here. :biggrin: Thanks.

Dave.

Yes please PM. I'll have to check shipping cost to Canada...

Ok gang, finally got the laser shop to finish these......

As it comes from the laser house

Flipper%203_zpsvr6dajbd.jpg

Working it, filing it and adding the chamfers.....

Flipper%201_zpsrefkayty.jpg

Flipper%205_zpsging6rvf.jpg

Perfect hassle free custom mount for the FH020AA for your 6th gen. (May work on a 5th with some drilling holes.)

$19.95 - stainless steel fasteners included and shipping included US.

Top notch stuff as always mellodude :cool:

Lasers?! Are these plates precision cut by frickin' sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads?

- Dr. Evil would like to know.

• Member Contributer

Lasers?! Are these plates precision cut by frickin' sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads?

- Dr. Evil would like to know.

Yup - one shark was doing it while drinking Occulto Tequila Malt Liquor and playing Metallica on heavy metal guitar....

• Member Contributer

Just clearing up pricing on the 6th gen R/R custom mounting plate.....

- Kit Plate plus all fasteners and ready to bolt it on, no hassles.....    $14.95 

- Shipping US.............................................................................     $7.00

- Shipping Canada....................................................................       $10.35

- Shipping to Australia ..............................................................      on request

- Other country's on request........

I will give other international shipping rates as I get requests. 

March 2016 --- I had to bump US and Canada shipping up a buck, the USPS raised rates. 

Archived