Oklahoma's Hallett Raceway - Track Days 2015

dutchinterceptor

A family event prevents my attendance

Dutch will have to find another poor basterd to make fun of how they climb on their bike.

Have fun folks and post some pics

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Welcome to the forum Uppermost! Are you coming down to spectate or get out on the track? Wish I was only a couple hours away.

I plan on being there June 21st and 22nd (Sunday/Monday). I'll also be there July 18th and 19th(Saturday/Sunday) and hopefully August 15th and 16th (Saturday/Sunday). Most likely my partner in crime, Adam will be there with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh oh another track virgin about to get broken in

Uppermost u can't go wrong hanging out at Hallet with the Vfr folks that show up there

Dutch and Adam are as good as they come and word is some other folks make it there too but no photo evidence. Photos come and go on this thread. It's kinda weird, must be a cyber wormhole thing..

You will have a blast

Hills and turns: identical to Kansas:)

Please pass the track pipe !!

• Member Contributer

Dutch and Adam are as good as they come...

Dude you really need to get out and meet more people!

Who is this KDON guy anyway?? Sound more like a radio station. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Dutch and Adam are as good as they come...

Dude you really need to get out and meet more people!

Who is this KDON guy anyway?? Sound more like a radio station. :goofy:

You've been listening to WKDON St. Louey home of... what the h&ll are you known for?

Oh yeah... riding a sleek silver girl hard... baby's got back, but sometimes having space for junk in the trunk is a good thing... besides, she's blown!

PS: You need to update your garage to include the XX Blackbird

• Member Contributer

And some of mine. Hope you enjoy these KDON. Now I showed you mine, you show us yours :goofy: .

Ah, Geez!! Don't tell him that. This is a family forum ya know!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

So...any activity this last weekend?

Yep, two days worth of activities! Adam and I tried as hard as we could but neither one of us were able to crash. The track was in great shape which meant we were able to go out at nearly full pace in the first session. Gary, kindly braved the heat to give us a critique on our form and speed(or lack of). My times didn't improve much but Adam was chipping away at his throughout the weekend.

Not being very intelligent, I decided to camp this weekend and the humidity/heat at night was a pain. Consequently, I didn't get much sleep. Plus, some jack-ass next to me had brought this giant shop fan for his tent. I had to listen to that thing each night. :dry:

Here's a short clip of some guy with bad form...

Nice!

The video looks like you were moving pretty good...stuff going by pretty darn fast. I didn't notice any gravel in the corners, driveways or deer in the corners!

• Member Contributer

Nice!

The video looks like you were moving pretty good...stuff going by pretty darn fast. I didn't notice any gravel in the corners, driveways or deer in the corners!

Apparently, turtles are pretty common at Turn 2.

• Member Contributer

So...any activity this last weekend?

Yep, two days worth of activities! Adam and I tried as hard as we could but neither one of us were able to crash. The track was in great shape which meant we were able to go out at nearly full pace in the first session. Gary, kindly braved the heat to give us a critique on our form and speed(or lack of). My times didn't improve much but Adam was chipping away at his throughout the weekend.

Not being very intelligent, I decided to camp this weekend and the humidity/heat at night was a pain. Consequently, I didn't get much sleep. Plus, some jack-ass next to me had brought this giant shop fan for his tent. I had to listen to that thing each night. :dry:

Here's a short clip of some guy with bad form...

Looks like you passed more bikes than bikes passed you... always a good thing at the track!

• Member Contributer

Looks like you passed more bikes than bikes passed you... always a good thing at the track!

Yeah, there were three or four in our class that were a bit quicker than me. Normally, there's only one guy on a Hypermotard that spanks us. I'm about 10 seconds off the advanced pace. Adam is about 3-5 seconds behind me and closing.

NICE! I really enjoyed watching the mirrored face shield. You can see them coming just before the pass.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Adam and I are headed back to Hallett in a couple weeks. Can't get enough. :fing02:

Jealous!!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::wheel:

Archived