Oklahoma's Hallett Raceway - Track Days 2015

dutchinterceptor

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Max speed for me in the kart was 87 mph, and yeah, running clockwise the turn after the bitch was very blind. I could never remember which way it went.

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Looks like a lot of fun...I'm only 30 minutes from the track but have never been on it. I will definitely come out and meet everyone if there is a next time.

• Member Contributer

Looks like a lot of fun...I'm only 30 minutes from the track but have never been on it. I will definitely come out and meet everyone if there is a next time.

It's a great facility. If I was that close I'd be up there all the time riding or watching the high-end sport cars do laps. I plan to ride Hallett the weekend of March 21st-22nd in 2015.

• 1 month later...

I'm in

Will register this weekend

How's the weather pattern down there that time of year? Last November was more like snowmobiling temps than track day temps. Camp or hotel weather?

Anyone else interested?

Hope Adam comes because I still haven't put a new shifter lever yet and his Dremel is really handy!

Dutch You need anymore stickers?

• Member Contributer

The temps will probably be the same as November... just sunnier! Crappy weather or not, I will be camping so I can afford all the TD's I have planned this year.

I'm making some changes to the bike so I'll get back to you on the stickers. Hopefully it'll be ready.

024.jpg

Photo Courtesy Of Fred & Lisa

Oh yeah, the famous Dremel episode...

CameraZOOM-20141102111426578.jpg

• Member Contributer

Is that correct, 2 weekends Sat-Sun and 2 Sun-Mon schedules this year? Which one(s) you going to Kyle?

• Member Contributer

Is this the same track near Tulsa that used to be called Mansville? If it is, I used to race lay-down enduro karts there in the mid sixties. Wonder if it is that small a world.

• Member Contributer

Texasvfr,

I am about 20 miles from the track at Hallet in Mannford. Don't know of a Mansville. The origin of Mannford was a trading post at the junction of the Arkansas and Cimarron rivers called originally Manns Ford, named after the owner. In the early 60s the Keystone Dam was built which created Lake Keystone and flooded the original townsite. All that remains are a few foundations and a boat ramp. The town relocated a few miles east and above the flood plane and was called New Mannford for about twenty years or so. Eventually they dropped the 'New'.

I have been here since '77 and have little knowledge of what went on around here in the 60s but it seems like I read somewhere that there was a track nearby. Things changed a lot when the lake was filled.

Dutch

Thank so much for photo documenting my entire Yoga- Pilates program for the winter!

Rush I b thinking both sat Sunday weekends at this point. That will need to be cross referenced with my "evaluator of domestic bliss" but pretty sure no conflicts for now.

U can push in as 3 bikes will fit in my rig without requiring the questionable ideas being put into action. Leave out fri and return sun late.

Diesel fuel cost ($300 round trip) can be split that way and we can save hotel costs by staying at track. If it's cold and windy then we can pop for a hotel in town.

I would text you about it, but there is this weird delay on your phone. It takes days to weeks for your texts to come back. Must be too much traffic on satellites or something?

Any other VFRDs thinking about going?

• Member Contributer

I would text you about it, but there is this weird delay on your phone. It takes days to weeks for your texts to come back. Must be too much traffic on satellites or something?

Very funny... :beer:

• Member Contributer

Thanks vfrurknee for the reply. After all, my kart racing days were almost fifty years ago. You should have seen what some of the moto tracks looked like back then. Hodaka ruled ! No one could afford a Bultaco or a Scrambler.

• Member Contributer

Thanks vfrurknee for the reply. After all, my kart racing days were almost fifty years ago. You should have seen what some of the moto tracks looked like back then. Hodaka ruled ! No one could afford a Bultaco or a Scrambler.

One of my best riding buddies had a Super Rat. He was 6'6" and about 250lbs but a gifted rider and could make that Hodaka do miracles. He spent hours perfecting the Malcom Smith trick from "On Any Sunday" where he rode up the face of a bluff then coasted backwards then rode away without ever dabbing a toe. Ah, the good ole days!

man Dutch, I would love to run there with ya. Just don't know if i'll ever get on a track again? Might start a real bad habit all over again, my last run was 35 track days long! :wheel:

• Member Contributer

man Dutch, I would love to run there with ya. Just don't know if i'll ever get on a track again? Might start a real bad habit all over again, my last run was 35 track days long! :wheel:

At least you already know the track!! I managed 9 days last year and it's all I can think about. If my back will let me, I hope to make 20+ days this year. Hate that I put off doing track days for so many years.

At least you already know the track!! I managed 9 days last year and it's all I can think about. If my back will let me, I hope to make 20+ days this year. Hate that I put off doing track days for so many years.

It sure is one Addictive Blast! :woohoo:

Archived