Oklahoma's Hallett Raceway - Track Days 2015

dutchinterceptor

• Member Contributer

Figured I'd recycle this thread from last year. Adam and I plan to do 3 or 4 weekends at Hallett this year. I'm not sure about him but it's definitely my favorite of the tracks I've done so far. I think we might have a couple of VFRD'ers joining us in March. Maybe we can get "Crazy" Kyle to trek down from St. Louis again.

09-13-2015

09-14-2015

10-10-2015

10-11-2015

11-28-2015

11-29-2015

(Posted 8-03-2014)Thanks to Adam prodding me, I have finally given in to track days. I put it off for a while knowing it'll cost me a fortune but I'm not getting any younger. He's already upgraded to a more trackworthy bike and I'm still trying to figure out how to get my fat arse around the track on my stock VFR without killing anyone. I'm sure he invited me along just so he'd have somebody to laugh at. Either way our last two track days have been loads of fun.

We are going to the Motorcycle Lapping Days Weekend at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in Jennings, OK on 8/30 and 8/31. The track has recently been repaved and with the exception of one minor dip it's very smooth. They run the track both directions so Saturday will be different from Sunday.

Their beginner class isn't bad at all and the instructors are all easy going. Come out and join us!

hallett-lg.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I really like the idea of running the track in each direction...wish I was closer!

• Member Contributer

This track is twenty minutes from my house so if any of you come to this track day I will try and meet over there and watch, or help you pick up the pieces!

• Member Contributer

This track is twenty minutes from my house so if any of you come to this track day I will try and meet over there and watch, or help you pick up the pieces!

Adam and I will definitely be there both days. Would be good to see you again.

• Member Contributer

It's 400 miles but sounds like a lot of fun.... how much does it cost?

Do you guys commute to the track or camp out?

• Member Contributer

It's 400 miles but sounds like a lot of fun.... how much does it cost?

Do you guys commute to the track or camp out?

If it's your first time they charge $165 cause they make you take the training class. Novice class is $135. Street and advanced is $125 and $10 off if you do both days.

We stay at a hotel which is about 20 minutes from the track at least until the temps get below 70 at night. It's around 400 miles for me too.

Entry and Information Form (PDF)

I really like the idea of running the track in each direction...wish I was closer!

I was a little uncomfortable with the idea at first but should be interesting.

• Member Contributer

Entry and Information Form (PDF)

I was a little uncomfortable with the idea at first but should be interesting.

I like the idea too... it'll feel like a different track and it should help wear the tires more evenly :)

• Member Contributer

If you have an RV or popup trailer I believe you can camp on the premises. I can check that out if you want me too? Let me know via PM.

• Member Contributer

Dutch is right about me inviting him just too have someone to laugh at, but it back fired on me and he ended up being faster than me and he got a knee down. :dry:

• Member Contributer

Dutch is right about me inviting him just too have someone to laugh at, but it back fired on me and he ended up being faster than me and he got a knee down. :dry:

I've had a knee on the ground before. The big deal was that this time it didn't involve crashing to do it. :goofy:

Hallett is a nice facility and fun track from what I can remember. Even though I blew an engine my first time there is a Formula Ford, but matched the track record running backwards in a F2000 a year later. But this was in the late 80's. :491: Never been on two there. :beer:

Enjoy it, wish I could make it!

BR

• Member Contributer

but matched the track record running backwards in a F2000 a year later.

Are you saying you matched the record while driving in reverse? You are talented. :goofy:

but matched the track record running backwards in a F2000 a year later.

Are you saying you matched the record while driving in reverse? You are talented. :goofy:

That is correct, who needs all them forward gears anyway! :491:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Glad to hear you ain't skeered of a little water cause I been doing rain dances for a week now to try and cool things back down. :wink:

• Member Contributer

Good to see you guys at Hallett! Got to give you credit for braving the scorching heat. Sunday was even worse. Adam and I managed to successfully finish every session both days... without doing any pavement surfing. We even beat our previous track records.

Oh yeah, Adam decided to finally join the knee-draggers club!

• Member Contributer

I definitely like cw but I believe Adam preferred ccw. I tried every possible line thru the bitch Sunday (cw) to avoid the dip but finally came to the conclusion that it's fastest to just go right over it and hope for the best.

I still can't imagine running that track in a kart with the number of blind corners. Do you remember what speeds you were hitting?

Archived